Chapter 27

Author:
Look who isn't dead y'all... it is I🧍
Depression and mental illnesses aside, I'm writing this now.
Update: I am not writing at all- andrew plz do something-
Update again: BRO IM NOT DOING SHIT- IM SORRY
Update once again: 1am energy helped me do this.
[I decided to not delete this note]

________________

You opened the dining room door only to see Luca and Mike talking to each other.

"Oh no... oh no no no no no no!" your face turned hot red.
Luca's face was just as coloured as yours.
You quickly closed the door.
"Shit! Mike what are you doing?!" you whispered to yourself.

You quickly started running to climb the stairs that led to the rooms' corridor. As you did so, you were interrupted by the Feaster.
"Y/N, I have a match letter for you." he said.

"OH UHM- Thanks!" you tried to hide your face unsuccessfully.

"...Is something the matter?" the hunter asked.

"N-No! Thank you so much, I'll be ready right away." you turned around and continued running, directed to your room.

«What if Luca also gets chosen for this match?! What am I going to do? ...Just play it cool, Y/N, play it cool...". You opened the letter.

The Hunter: Ann, the Disciple. Survivors: Y/N L/N, Luca Balsa, Mike Morton, Helena Adams.

"WHAT KIND OF- WHO CHOOSES THIS?! Bet it was on purpose..." you said out loud "Shit... Now I'll have to go warn them.".

You ran down the stairs.

___

You asked Helena to warn Luca and Mike of the match. You didn't feel great about asking her to do the work for you but you really needed some time alone.
You headed to the pre-match room. The match was in 10 minutes.
You were alone, which gave you some time to think.
What were you going to do? Confront him? Act like nothing was happening?
You decided to leave it be and see what happens.

3 minutes before the match begun, Mike, Luca and Helena appeared. Luca was quiet, Mike was observant, and Helena was... clueless.

Ann got in the pre-match room as well. Everyone was ready to start, but you sensed it was going to be a hard game.

"Quiet... it's very quiet in here... is something the matter?" Ann questioned upon the deadly silence that filled the room.

"My apologies." Helena immediately replied.

"There seems to be a rather... uncanny ambiance in this room." Ann continued "I hope it shall not affect your performance in the match.".

This was followed by more silence...

The match began.