Chapter 6

"Ok, let me heal you before we go so in case anything happens you can at least get near anyone else."
He had a point... staying with him didn't mean that you'd be safe...

Finishing his treatments, he picked you up, in a piggyback ride. You held his shoulders and he held your legs, making sure you wouldn't fall.

"Alright lets go." he got out of the factory and quirkily grabbed his communicator with one hand "Emily, they're safe now. Edgar how are-" and just as he said this, a bell rang, meaning that someone was downed by the hunter... Edgar had been caught.
"Sorry..." Edgar said.

"It's okay, I'm coming. Luca, stay with Y/N and you two focus on decoding. There are 2 ciphers that still need to be decoded. We're counting on you."

"Thank you!" you both said trough Luca's engine.

A few seconds later, you saw a cipher and tapped Luca's head to get his attention "Luca! Over there!"
you pointed at the cipher.
"You have good eyes! We can decode both ciphers from there with my connections! We'll start that one and finish Emily's, we got this." he said as he ran to the machine.

"Thank you!" you both heard. Edgar was free! Emily got hit once right after that, meaning that she had body blocked Edgar to give them both time to run away. Impressive! Everyone here is so brave!

"Me and Luca will finish the ciphers! Come on, keep it up!" you said cheerfully to your teammates.

With this, you were already in front of the cipher. Luca thinked for a bit, then grabbed a barrel, putting it in the side of the cipher and put you down.
"Okay! You can sit in there and deco-"

"There's no need for that! I can stand perfectly on my own, it's not like I can't walk hahah.. you were the one who didn't let me run by myself. Besides, if Michiko finds us, it's more pratic for both of us to get out of here, don't you think?"

"... that's true. Ok then, let's finish this game quickly!" he answered, trusting on you.
You both started decoding, while Emily and Edgar entertained Geisha.
"Guys this is getting hard for both of us. Do you need much more time?!" the doctor said, clearly while running.

Luca grabbed his communicator "Two minutes, it shouldn't take us much more time."
Edgar then talked: "Hurry up, you two."

You decoded for around two minutes (Emily's cipher was already done) when Luca told you to stop.
"What? But a few more seconds and we're finished!"
You were confused.

The Prisioner then said "Trust me." and reached for his communicator "Cipher machine primed!"

You then heard two answers " I have borrowed time!", "Me too!"

A bell rang again, one of them was down.

"OKAY FINISH THE CIPHER NOW"

You both did it, and a loud siren was heard. At the same time, Edgar got fully healed and Emily was able to get back up, while Geisha was cleaning her fan after the hit she made.

You didn't even have time to question yourself what just happened, as Luca picked you up like a baby and ran in the direction of the exit gate.

"WOAH--?! LUCA WHAT HAPPENED?! HOW DID EMILY GET BACK UP AND EDGAR GOT FULLY HEALED?!" you question loudly, as the siren was still on.
"I'LL EXPLAIN LATTER. NOW WE, UFF, NOW WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE-"
You were almost at the gate, when a red light started to appear on the ground.

"F*CK!" Luca yelled, turning around and running as fast as possible, with you on his arms.
"W-WHAT IS THAT?!?!"
"Michiko teleported here!"
"TELEPORTED?!?! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!"
"YEAH IT'S F*CKED UP." he ran faster, clearly tired.
"Put me on the ground! My feet are better!"
"Really?"
"Y-" you looked over his shoulder, seeing Geisha using her butterflies to get to you faster "- NEVERMIND, KEEP RUNNING!"

Luca sprinted, as fast as he could.
"Do you trust me, Y/N?"
"WHAT?"
"I ASKED YOU IF YOU TRUSTED ME"
"Y-YES I TRUST YOU, WHY?!"
"I'm gonna release my electricity, giving Michiko a shock." he said in your ear, while gasping for air, so the hunter couldn't hear you.
You looked at him with wide eyes "You're gonna what?!"
"In three-"
"LUCA"
"Two-"
You closed your eyes, burrying your face into his chest, scared.
"THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT- ONE!"

You then heard a loud electricity noise followed by a scream. Luca made a small jump, to evitate getting shocked by his own electricity.

"The exit gate is open!" Emily yelled.
You could already see her and Edgar, at the doors, as you opened your eyes.

"We're already there, Luca!"

Suddenly, he let go of you, throwing you to Edgar's arms.
He got downed with one hit, screaming "Get out of here!"

You didn't want to leave him... the person who refused to leave you behind was now doing it... so you all could escape.
You tried to reach him, but Edgar held you and prevented you from even moving "Let him go, it's still a win. He'll be fine and will come back to the Manor."
You didn't care! You struggled, trying to get off Edgar's grip, but Emily helped the painter, carrying you by force out of the gates.

"NO!!"

A bell rang again. You had escaped. You looked angrily at both Emily and Edgar "We could have saved him."
"Dear... I'm sorry, but we had to leave. If we got back in someone else could've been caught..."
Edgar rolled his eyes and murmured "Aristocrats.." he then left, walking away.
"What the actual f*ck, Edgar?" you thought to yourself.
Emily had a point, you won, after all. But you still didn't like the fact that you left one of your teammates behind... imagine if that was you?! You wouldn't want to be left alone... on the other hand... you'd be chaired happily knowing that your teammates have made it...
"It should have been me..." you said quietly.
"Oh dear, it's okay!" Emily smiled "He'll be back in some minutes!"
"..." you looked down.
"Are your feet alright? You need to take a warm bath, come on, I'll take you to your room!"
Emily accompanied you to your room. In the way, you only saw Naib (the Mercenary with a green hood), who waved at you two, a few hunters and Freddy (the Lawyer) who was reading an old newspaper.
"This is pretty empty right now..." you pointed.
"The others are probably in a match, but I think Emma is outside and Tracy on her room. From what I remember they were the only ones who didn't have a match this morning."
"Makes sense... So we all started our matches at the same time?"
"More or less.. we can start when we are all ready, as long as we play our match between the indicated hours on the letter that comes each morning."

Who writes those letters...? Probably the owner of the manor... the one who invited you all to participate in this hell of a game...

__
You and Emily chatted until you finally got to your room.

Emily went to your bathroom, to try to get warm water to warm you.
"Okay, if you need something I'll be near! Just shout my name and I'll come as fast as I can!"
"Thank you, Emily!" you smiled "You're too kind!"
"Owww Y/N, I consider you my friend already! And friends take care of each others! Besides, I'm a doctor, after all! My duty is to take care of the ones who need help!"
You smiled, thanking again for her kindness and got in the shower.