Chapter 24.

Y/n somberly watched as the trees passed by — headphones on and music playing. Y/n sighed heavily through her nose.

Y/n was scared. Scared shitless — but, obviously she wouldn't ever tell the others — well, besides Nancy, now.

Steve stopped in front of The Creel's household — quickly unbuckling himself which caught Y/n's attention.

"Steve." Y/n warned, glaring at the boy. "I'm going." Steve firmly told the girl, "Wether you like it or not."

"You need to be with them." Y/n told Steve, gesturing towards the curious people who were looking at them.

"Hey, don't worry." Nancy reassured, "We'll be fine. But, you need people with you. Max, Lucas, Steve, and Erica have already volunteered in staying with you."

Y/n's eyes widened as she looked at the four mentioned people in disbelief. "Voluntee — fine. Fine." Y/n hesitantly agreed after realizing that they had no time in fighting.

"Nance." Y/n called, stopping at the entrance of the door. "Yeah?" Nancy questioned, walking towards Y/n. "Protect them for me — protect yourself for me." Y/n whispered, grabbing ahold of the girls hand tightly.

"I will. You know I will. But, I need you to be alive when we come back. Promise me." Nancy told Y/n, brows pinched together in worry.

"Promise."

Y/n knew she was making an empty promise but she couldn't bare to see Nancy's saddened face if she didn't promise.

Y/n then let go of the girls hand, giving a quick brief smile before descending down the stairs. "Hey, Dusty." Y/n called as Dustin then quickly came into view. "Yeah?" Dustin questioned.

"Take care of him, alright?"

Dustin immediately knew who the him in question was because he firmly nodded. Y/n nodded back before closing the door.

The four ascended up the stairs, Y/n shakily inhaled as she then walked forward — the four following in toe.

The sound of Y/n's music could be heard as she walked through the Creel's house. Floor creaking from under her feet.

Steve and Lucas walked into a room only to then quickly turn around upon hearing footsteps behind them — it was Erica.

'Found Vecna'

The paper said as Erica looked at the two boys. Steve nodded for the girl to show them.

The five soon walked into the room where Erica had found Vecna. Y/n slowly walked forward towards the blue lantern that belonged to Erica — only for Y/n's own lantern to glow brighter, as well.

Y/n looked back towards Steve, brows scrunched together in worry. They had found their jackpot.

Erica began writing down something before then showing it to the boys and Max.

'Phase one?'

The three all looked at each other before nodding at Erica, the girl nodded back before quickly dashing away.

Y/n sat in a chair, music blasting as Steve sat in front of her. Max and Lucas sitting on the floor not too far away from them.

Y/n's eyes drifted away from the boarded up window towards Steve. The boy looked at her questionably as Y/n then picked up the notepad and marker.

'Hey'

Y/n grinned at the boy.

Steve quickly grabbed his own notepad and marker.

'Hi:)'