Chapter 17.

Y/n yelled as she plummeted to the ground, before quickly getting up. Y/n assessed her surroundings.

Soon, Y/n heard the screams of Nancy, Eddie, and Robin before they all finally plummeted to the ground as well.

Y/n flinched as she then heard the cries of Steve, "Steve. Shit! Come on, guys!"

As the four began running, they found weapons of their own on the way. The four stumbled upon Steve being choked and eaten by Demobats.

Y/n glared and held tightly onto the wooden paddle before stomping towards Steve and hitting the Demobat harshly as it flew back and then began to fly away.

"Hey, there." Y/n greeted, hitting the other Demobat that was eating at Steve's other side.

"Here, Y/n! Get it!" Robin told the girl as she held her foot firmly onto the Demobat that was currently choking Steve.

"Kill it! Kill it! Kill it!" Eddie chanted.

Y/n grunted as she began hitting the Demobat with all her strength. The four teens then heard many more creatures baying.

"Shit!" Eddie cursed, looking up at the darkened and stormy red sky.

"God! Fucking die, already!" Y/n yelled, getting frustrated by the stubborn Demobat.

"Y/n, behind you! Watch out!" Nancy yelled out, noticing the Demobat that approached Y/n from behind.

Y/n yelped and screamed as she felt the Demobat bite into her lower back before feeling it's tail begin to wrap around her neck. "Oh, god! Y/n!" Robin yelled as she ran to help Y/n.

Y/n choked as she grasped at the tail, trying and failing to unwrap it as it had a strong grip around her neck. "Get it — off — of me!" Y/n croaked out, trying to gasp for air.

"Shit! Nancy help!" Robin called out for the girl who quickly ran towards the two girls. Y/n cried out as she felt herself begin to panic at the lack of oxygen in her lungs.

Nancy stood in front of Y/n, trying to help in prying off the tail wrapped around the girls neck. Y/n moving her hand to grip Nancy's shoulder, squeezing it tightly as her eyes begin to slightly roll back.

"No — No! No! Y/n, hold on!" Nancy pleaded. "Move!" Steve ordered, looking at Robin with the wooden paddle in his hand.

Robin quickly stumbled back, as Steve began whacking the Demobat harshly as he could. Steve glanced at Y/n who seemed to be turning pale in the face.

As Steve began to abuse the Demobat, Y/n gasped as air was finally coming through her airway as she felt the tail of the Demobat begin to loosen — the girl slowly regained her strength back as she then took ahold of the tail and ripped it from her neck before throwing it onto the floor — slamming it down repeatedly.

Y/n let her anger out on the Demobat and she couldn't have felt more better.

Nancy, Steve, Eddie, and Robin had finished killing all the other Demobats so it was just Y/n left with the last one.

Y/n grunted and yelled as she slammed the Demobat down one last time before grabbing ahold of the tail tightly and placing her converse covered feet onto the Demobat before then pulling the tail.

Ripping the Demobat apart.

Y/n panted as she threw the tail behind her. Y/n looked up to see the surprised but also proud faces of her friends — only her face seemed to lighten up upon seeing Steve.

"Steve!" Y/n yelled, jogging towards the boy, "Jesus. Look at these wounds! Are you okay?"

"Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie exclaimed, throwing down the wooden paddle.