Chapter 23.

The group soon made it to War Zone. Steve, Nancy, Y/n, Robin, Erica, and Max decided to be the ones to go in whilst Lucas, Dustin, and Eddie stayed back.

As the six made it into the shop — they were surprised at the many people that swarmed around in the shop — practically packed.

"So much for avoiding angry hicks." Robin jokingly said, glancing at Y/n. "Yeah. I forgot how packed this shop can get." Y/n mumbled, sighing.

"Let's be fast, yeah?" Nancy said, glancing at the five. Everyone agreed before walking away to different parts of the shop.

Y/n grabbed a few knives before walking towards Robin, throwing them into the cart. "How many of these do you think we need?" Robin asked Y/n as Steve had came up to them.

Y/n shrugged, "Um. Five or six?"

Y/n then noticed Robin's eyes were on something or — something. Y/n noticed that it was the one and only Vickie.

"Well, never knew Vickie liked to go to these types of shops." Y/n said to Robin, raising a brow in amusement. Robin stayed staring, practically having heart-eyes.

"So, what are you gonna do? Stand and gawk?" Steve teasingly asked. "Shut up." Robin quickly responded, beginning to walk forwards only to be met with a blonde guy coming up from behind Vickie — scaring the poor girl.

Y/n's face morphed into one of sadness as she looked at her best friend. Robin had a heartbroken expression as she watched Vickie and the blonde guy.

"Robi." Y/n whispered, tilting her head slightly as her eyes drifted to behind Robin — looking at Steve. Steve's eyes downcast.

Robin then watched as Vickie and the blonde guy inches closer before finally clashing their lips together — Vickie's eyes drifted to her right only to then realize Robin was watching them.

Robin quickly turned around, pushing past Steve and Y/n and dashing away. The two teens called for their best friend.

"Robin!" Y/n quietly yelled, ready to follow after the short-haired girl. "Just — just give her some alone time. She needs it." Steve told Y/n, putting his right arm in front of the Y/h/c haired girl.

"Why did Vickie need to be here in the first place, man." Y/n grumbled, resting her head on Steve's shoulder. "She'll be alright. Robin got over Tammy Thompson, for gods sake." Steve softly said, parting Y/n's head.

Y/n lifted her head, "Thank fucking god."

Steve chuckled, "Come on. We need to get more stuff."

Steve and Y/n then continued on getting more stuff only for Y/n to then suddenly stop. Steve looked at the girl questionably, "What's wrong?"

Y/n's eyes darted towards a boy, wearing a familiar letterman green and white jacket. Steve followed the girls gaze to then realize the same thing.

"Shit. We need to go. Now." Steve firmly said, grabbing the cart. Y/n nodded quickly, "Yeah. Yeah. I was thinking the same thing, Harrington."

The six hurriedly bought their items — checking their surrounding as they did before finally they left.

"What happened?" Lucas asked worriedly upon Steve rushing in. "We gotta go." Steve stated, making his way towards the driver seat.

"Your old friends are here." Erica informed Lucas. "Shit!" Lucas cursed.

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!"

"I'm going! I'm going! I'm going!"