✧31✧

Third Person POV

Making their way through the woods, the group of friends are trying to reach Nancy's house, where hopefully, they'll find something to defend themselves with.

Robin, Nancy and Avery all took the lead, and now guide the two boys that are walking slowly behind them.

"Eddie" Steve calls out to the long-haired boy, "Eddie, hey man"

The boy finally turns to Steve, curious to hear what he has to say.

"Listen, I just uh... wanted to say thanks." the brunet speaks, but Eddie is still a bit lost about the subject of this conversation. What could Steve be thanking him for? He didn't do much, he doesn't even want to be here because he's scared and doesn't like to get himself in real danger. The only reason he jumped into that lake, was to be with Avery. Other than that, he thought of himself as a coward.

"For saving my ass back there" Steve continues.

"Shit, you saved your own ass man" Eddie chuckles, "I mean that was a real Ozzy move you pulled back there"

"Ozzy?" Steve questions. Of course, those two boys are very different from one another, it would be a miracle if Steve knew who Ozzy Ozbourne was.

Seeing Steve's confusion, Eddie continues, "When you took a bite out of that bat", but Steve is still clueless and doesn't know what to say.

"Ozzy Osbourne?" Eddie questions the brunet as they keep waling forward, "Black Sabbath? He bit a bat's head off on stage?"

"I don't-" Steve started but Eddie dismissed his cluelessness.

"Doesn't matter. It was very metal, what you did, that's all I'm saying" Eddie nods to himself.

"Thanks" Steve says.

"Henderson told me you were a badass. He insisted on it, for a matter of fact" Eddie informs Steve, changing the subject anf filling the awkward air with conversation.

"Wait, Henderson said that?" Steve is quite shocked by the words coming out of Eddie's mouth. Dustin wasn't really one to show his true feelings to Steve, after all they are always bickering and messing around, right?

"Yeah, kid worships you dude" Eddie rolls his eyes a little, but in a playful manner, "Like you have no idea, it was kind of getting on my nerves"

"And you think Avery talking about you every single second of the day isn't annoying?" Steve chuckles and looks in the other boy's direction.

"She talks about me? That much?" 

"You have no idea" Steve scoffs.

"If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even be here man" Eddie confesses and looks at the blonde girl walking further away from him, "She wasn't even scared to jump into that lake, to go after you"

"That's the thing, it pisses me off how careless she is about her life. She just doesn't care if anything happens to her" Steve looks at his sister.

"That's what I like most about her, if I'm being honest. She takes care of people, even if they don't deserve it... doesn't it make you want to be stronger, for her?" Eddie questions Steve.

"It does, I wish I would be the one to protect her you know? She's my little sister after all. But it's the other way around. She takes care of all of us"

"Yeah, she does" Eddie's face softens at the thought of the girl he likes so much.

"So, are you two... offical or what?" 

"Me and Avery? Uh, no actually..." Eddie clears his throat and those words make Steve stop in his tracks.

"Why not? I mean everyone can see how much you love each other, even a blind person could" Steve scoffs.

"I don't know, we just... never really got to talk about it. We were taking shit slow" Eddie looks once again at Avery's back.

"Listen, normally, since I'm her brother, I'd be supposed to be like, super protective over the guys she likes. But when I see you guys together, I can see that she's happy" Steve places a hand on Eddie's shoulder, "You make her happy. So you better get that shit organized before it's too late.

With those words, Steve starts walking again, and Eddie follows him close behind, not really knowing what to say.

The ground starts shaking again. This time, everyone keeps their ground and manage not to fall. Robin complains about earthquakes being her worst nightmare after all and Avery agress with her. Nancy sprints off running, leaving everyone in the dark about where she is headed.

"Nancy! Where are you going?" Robin yells after her.

"Nance! Wait up!" Avery screams and begins to run after her friend. Robin follows too and the two boys notice that the girls have started running, so they chase after them.

Out of the woods, Nancy is looking off in the distance.

"Would you care to explain what the hell you're doing?" Avery pants and holds herself with her hands on her knees.

"I see my house" Nancy says vaguely and starts walking off again.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Do not even talk to me about the new episodes.
My eyes hurt, I'm dehydrated, and my pillow is covered in tears.