✧40✧

A/N: You thought I was done? Hell no;)

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀
Eddie's POV
*play Atlantis by Seafret*

"Eddie?" Dustin runs up to me and Avery's lifeless body.

"Dustin! Did you- did you get help? She won't wake up" I turn to him who's now sat beside me, "Did you get Steve?"

"Radio silence... What the hell happened?" 

"I don't know, the bats got to her, but she killed all of them" I look back down at Avery, "She won't- she won't wake up"

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!" Dustin screams.

"She can't be dead-"

"Is she still breathing? Did you check for a pulse?" Dustin asks frantically.

"I... I did" 

"And?!"

"There's nothing" my heart breaks, "But- can't she heal herself? She can right?"

"No... I don't think she can" Dustin hangs his head low, "She never has"

"No- she's gonna be fine, she just needs to-" I speak but I stop talking as the ground begins to shake beneath me, "What the fuck-"

"Oh shit" Dustin exclaims, "Max"

I look at Dustin, terrified. It didn't work. The plan didn't work. Avery died for nothing.

"Shit, Eddie we have to get out of here before-" 

I look back at my trailer, and our worst fear is coming true. The gate that was on the ceiling is expanding, growing longer and longer. It's ripping through the ground and making its way further in the town.

"This is bad- this is really bad" Dustin looks at the gigantic portal not so far from us. I turn my head up to the sky when I hear screaming. Bats. Again.

"Uh, Dustin? I think we have to go, now!" I say and he looks up to the swarm of bats flying at full speed towards us.

"You have to be kidding me-" he stands up and grabs the spear that used to be Avery's, "Grab her and let's go!"

I nod and do as he says, I pick Avery up in my arms, and I walk as fast as I can to the gate.

"Open the gate, I'll cover you!" I hear Dustin scream from beside me. I have to put down Avery for a second, to rip the gate with my hands. It's harder than I thought. When I finally get an opening, I turn back to pick up Avery again, but she's being taken away.

"No!" I scream as I rush to her body that's getting tangled in vines, "Come on!" I say between my teeth as I try to force the vines off of her body, but they're too strong, "Dustin! Help me!"

I scream to the boy who had his defence up for the bats, and he turns to me, "Eddie we don't have time!"

"Help her!"

"Shit!" he mutters and runs to me, stabbing the vines with the spear in his hands, they let go for a second, but come clinging back to her in no time. I look back at the sky, the bats are coming closer. 

"Eddie!" Dustin screams and I'm still trying to free Avery.

"50 meters!" he says about the bats positon.

Quick.

"30!"

I don't have enough time.

"I'm gonna get you out of here sweetheart" I whisper as I touch her cheek one last time.

"Come on!" Dustin's hand grasps my shoulder and he pulls me in with him to the gate.

"No! We can't leave her there" I scream but it's too late. Dustin has pulled us both through the gate, and it closes right as we made our way back into the real world. I see the shadows of the bats flying everywhere through the gate's translucent membrane.

"She's all alone..." I look at the gate with no thoughts in mind but her, "We left her behind..."

"Eddie..." Dustin whispers and puts a hand on my shoulder, "If we hadn't gone through that gate when we did, we would've both died"

"She's still out there" I'm not listening to anything he's saying.

"She's gone Eddie..." I turn to face him and see tears staining his cheeks, "I'm so sorry..."

It should've been me. I should've made her climb that damn rope before me. She put herself after everyone else, just like she always does. For once in her life, she should've have run. 

She should've been a coward.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Small little chapter for you baes