✧50✧

After me and the two other boys went back to the gate in Eddie's trailer, we waited for the others to come back into the normal Hawkins.

Once Steve, Robin and Nancy got back from the Upside Down, they were pretty confused as to why Vecna died before they even got a chance to attack him like they had planned. That's when I knew I had to explain a couple of things.

First I had to tell them I helped El kill him, and they didn't understand how that was possible, because I was at the trailer park the whole time. Of course they didn't have the memory of El explaining to them she entered Max's mind to kill Vecna.

"I know it's confusing, but basically I killed Vecna through El's memory of her trying to kill him in Max's mind" I shrug.

"That doesn't make any sense" Steve says.

"Yes it does" Robin added and slapped his arm.

"Ouch-"

"Okay, anyways" I interupted them, "Let's put it another way; if I wrote an ending to a book and people didn't like it, I can go back to the chapter that can change the whole plot if it's changed, right? Now if I change that chapter, it erase every other chapter that followed it, and it creates another ending dictated by the chapter I just changed. It's like an alternate ending"

"Uh, this is confusing as hell" Steve exhales and pinches the bridge of his nose, "But, I kinda get it"

"Good, so everybody understands? Or do I need to make you guys a drawing" I ask the rest of the group.

"I'd like a drawing" Lucas raises his hand but Max slaps it down and the action makes me smile, because she's here and she's okay. Vecna couldn't get to her, like he had last time. I'm glad she's okay.

After I explained everything, we divided the group into 3 and we all went our seperate ways to check if the gates would close. One groupe stayed at Eddie's trailer and the two others went to Fred's gate and Patrick's gate down at Lover's Lake.

Communicating with our walkie's, we confirmed that the gates indeed closed, and there was no more way into the Upside Down. For good.

"Hey, Avery?" Lucas whispers to me as we're walking back to Eddie's trailer.

"Yeah?" I answer in the same tone.

"Could you actually make me a drawing? 'Cause I actually can't understand anything that you explained. Oh, and don't tell Max I asked for one, she'd beat my ass about it and tell me how stupid-"

"Lucas, I get it. If you really want one, I'll get you one" I chuckle lightly.

2 ᴅᴀʏs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

"Here Lucas, just like you asked" I whisper to him as Max walks out of the Family Video, convinced he's following behind.

"Thank you Avery" he smiles and jogs rapidly back to Max, tucking the drawing in his back pocket.