✧16✧

It's finally lunch time, and I couldn't wait to sit down and enjoy my meal.

From the cafeteria line, I look around, trying to spot Eddie and his friends to go sit with them. When I do, I see him laugh with his group and it made my heart fill up with joy. I liked seeing him get better after what happened last year. 

I look back at the lady behind the register and hand her the money before taking my lunch tray, walking towards the boys' table. That's when I notice that Eddie, was in fact not sitting there anymore, but was rather walking on the table, shouting throughout the cafeteria.

"As long as you're into bad, or scienre or... parties" he grimaces at the word, "Or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets!" he cups his mouth and shouts towards the basketball team's table. 

Jason gets up from his seat, not liking the unwanted attention Eddie is giving him right now, "You want something freak?" 

In response, Eddie put his fingers to his head, imitating horns and stuck his tongue out to the blonde boy who scoffs and sits back down. Before turning around to walk back on the table back to his seat, my eyes met Eddie's and he smiles brightly at me. 

Once I reach the table, he has already sat down. With no free seat close to him, I sit beside Mike, who is next to Dustin. 

"Hey D, hey Mike" I smile at them.

"Hey Avery, I saw you leave the rally early this morning, you okay?" Dustin asks.

"Yeah totally, I just had enough of Jason's shitty speech" I smiles and began to eat my food. "So what is he on about today?" I ask Mike, pointing towards Eddie who is conversing with his friends. 

"Oh, just some article that blamed D&D for a bunch of shit" I nod at his response, Eddie finally looking at me,and sending me another warm smile that I return immediately. I was eager to speak to him, but with this seating plan, I knew it would have to wait. 

Dustin starts talking to Eddie, well mostly stutters until Mike takes over for him, about postponing the final campaign they had tonight. I eat and look up to see Eddie, who was listening, but not speaking, which was not a good sign. 

I chuckle from my seat, earning myself a look from the long haired boy. I smile some more and return to my plate.

"You're saying Sinclair's been taking in by the dark side?" Eddie asks the two freshman boys while eating. 

"Something like that" Mike replies.

"Something like that?" Eddie mocks his words and throws some food to his head, some landing in my soup I had just started. 

"Watch where you shoot, dipshit" I send him a look. He knows I don't like people messing around with my food. He send a weak smile, appologizing and turns back to Dustin and Mike.

"And rather than find a sub for him, you want... to postpone" Eddie says the last word with bitterness. That's when I knew he wouldn't postpone the game at any cost. 

Mike tries to defend himself, saying he didn't want to postpone the campaign, that Lucas was needed to win the game,but that he couldn't make it due to the tournament's last game. 

"Oh it's the championship game?" Eddie asks Mike after getting up from his seat, clearly upset.

"Yeah?" Mike says, unsure.

"Can I level with you?" Eddie furrows his brows at the two boys, "Jeff graduates this year. Gareth got what? A year and a half? Me, I am army-crawling my way towards a D in Mrs. O'Donell's. If I don't blow her final, I'm gonna walk that stage next month, I'm gonna look principal Higgins dead in the eye, I'm gonna flip him the bird, I'm gonna snatch that diploma, I'm gonna run like hell outta her" 

The boys around him laugh but I just look at him with my eyebrows raised, "How's that been working out for the last three years?" 

"Shut up, you're the one who said I was passing for sure" Eddie scoffs, "This is year different, I can feel it, '86 baby" he smiles widely and I can't help but smile as well. 

After ranting about how Dustin and Mike were the futuer of the club, he completely ignores their wish to postpone the game. Eddie didn't seem to care one bit about Lucas missing the end of the campaign. Instead, he pushes the boys away from their untouched lunch, to go find some other players. When the boys were gone, I had finally finished eating and got up from my seat to go clean my tray. 

Eddie finds me soon enough, leaving his friends behind, "You really think I won't graduate?"

"I was joking Eddie, I know you can pass" I roll my eyes to end the subject and he took the hint.

"We didn't get to talk much today" he says from beside me, his arms crossed behind his back.

"Yeah, I know. Didn't you have that deal with this mystery person?" I ask looking up at him.

"Meh, was supposed to be during break but I couldn't make it, stupid teacher held me back to 'talk'. I'm supposed to go now actually" he says. I'm a bit bummed, I had looked forward to lunch time to hang out with him, but once again, he was taken away.

"Oh... alright, well off you go. I'll see you tonight at the game?" I stop in my tracks, standing in front of my locker. He looks down at me with sad eyes, knowing I wanted to be in his presence, but it would have to wait once again.

"I'm sorry, you know I would love to spend time with you right now" he placed some of my hair back behind my shoulder and looking back to my eyes, "But yes, I'll see you at the game and then we can go back to my place, if you want?"

"Sure, sounds good" I smile at him. His eyes softened and he bent down to kiss my cheek. "Who's the deal with anyway?" I ask.

"You know Chrissy? That dickwad Jason's girlfriend?" he answers and stand back straight

"Chrissy? Why would she want to buy drugs?" I furrow my brows.

"No idea, we're meeting in the woods behind the school at the picnic table, sounds like she doesn't want anyone to find out" he shrugs.

"Oh, nice. Our spot" I whisper to myself. Eddie and I always hung out to that picnic table when we skipped school. It's like our little secret spot, but now that he was taking Chrissy there, I couldn't help but feel a little jealous, it felt less special.

"What'd you say?" he tilts his head to the side, barely hearing my words.

"Nothing, don't worry. You should go, wouldn't want to keep the school's princess waiting" I offer him a smile but I know he doesn't buy it.

"I prefer when it's your nickname" he smiles and leans closer to me. I feel my cheeks burn at the proximity of our bodies. I peer up to see his eyes looking down at my lips. I took the initiative and pressed our lips together. His hands close in on my waist and I smile through the kiss, melting into his embrace.

Once I step back, he pouts like a child which made me laugh. "Okay, go now" I chuckle as he whined, not wanting to let go of me, but he eventually does and I immediately miss his touch.

"I'll be back before you know it, don't miss me too much princess!" he calls as he walks away and I chuckle as he almost trips on another student. 

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Unedited. 1290 words

Very small chapter but still cute lol