✧14✧

August 31st 1985

Eddie is sitting on his bed, guitar on his lap and tons of papers surrounding him. He hums from time to time and stops playing his guitar to write on the papers. He's trying to write new songs for his band while I'm running around his room, trying to clean the usual mess.

"You know, you should pay me if I act like your maid all day long" I huff while tossing garbage in the trash. Just to piss me off even more, he plugs his guitar to his amplifier and starts to play again. I groan and continue to clean.

When I'm done with his room, I head out and close his door. Once I'm in the kitchen, Wayne is sitting on the couch, watching TV. "Hey, did you have diner yet?"

He looks at me and shakes his head while sipping his beer. "No I didn't, I just got a call actually I need to head out. You kids can call some pizza if you want" he gets up from his seat and leaves a 20 dollar bill on the counter. He smiles at me, takes his coat and heads out the door. I'm not sure if he should be driving after drinking but it's not like I can stop him.

I got to the phone and called for pizza, it should arrive in 30 minutes. Having nothing to do while Eddie is distracted, I decide to clean the whole trailer as well. I hate when things are messy. Except my room, I never have the energy to clean it.

As expected, 30 minutes pass and the pizza is here. I pay the delivery guy and set the pizza on the counter. Eddie is still playing when I go to his room and open the door. He looks at me while strumming, waiting for me to talk.

"Food is here" I say loudly.

"WHAT?" he screams.

"Turn the volume down. I said food is here" I know damn well he can hear me but he still pretends I'm not talking loud enough.

"I CAN'T HERE YOU SWEETHEART"

I roll my eyes at his comment and leave his door open while walking back to the pizza. "I ate the pizza, there's some canned soup somewhere in here" I say with my back to him. Suddenly, the music stops. I scoff, knowing he could here me. He literally runs out of his room, almost falling over as he stops in front of me.

"You ate without me?" he says in disbelief.

"You dumbass, I didn't eat anything, the pizza is right here" I point to the yet unopened box. "I knew you could hear me, shithead" I jokingly hit is arm before getting us some plates.

"I was just joking" he chuckles, "So... are you staying here tonight again or, are you going back home..." he asks, suddenly less confident. I turn to him, placing the plates on the counter and opening the box. I serve him a slice before responding.

"Don't worry, I'm staying" I say while getting myself some food, not daring to meet his eyes. "But, no more staying late, kay? We have school tomorrow and I'm not about to drag your ass out because you went to bed at 2 in the morning"

He hums in response and goes to sit on the floor, his back to the sofa and his body towards the TV. I follow behind him and place my legs on each side of him. He throws his head back so it's resting in between my legs.

"Will you come to my D&D game tomorrow?" he asks while looking up at me.

"Yeah, I promise I would didn't I?" I toss his head back forward so we can listen to the TV. When I'm done eating, I put my plate asside and my hands immediatly find themselves in his hair. I can't help it, I love playing with it and I think he loves it too because he never complains.

I do some little braids here and there, I don't take them out when I'm done because I like seeing him keep them. Sometimes he forgets I did them and his friends tease him about it when they come over to play D&D.

I never thought I would be excited to go back to school. I enjoy spending time here or with Max, with Steve and Robin at work but I need a routine to be back in place. I need life to feel normal again.

"Okay, get up and go to sleep" I say after two hours of sitting in the living room. It's 10pm and I'm getting tired. Eddie groans and gets up. He turns to where I'm sitting and picks up my plate. I smile and thank him.

Per usual, I take the blanket at the end of the sofa and lay on the pillow I always use. I'm sleeping more in here than in my own bed.

"You know, you don't have to sleep there. You can sleep in my bed, you always end up in there anyway..." he says, referring to me comforting him most nights after his nightmares. It's been weeks since he's been having them and they never seem to stop. The only time he doesn't have them is when I sleep in his room from the start.

"Yeah I know, I just don't want to intrude. It's your room"

"Aves... you're here every day, I don't call that intruding anymore. I don't mind if you sleep in my room" he sighs from the kitchen before going into the bathroom. I'm not sure if I should go, but for some time, I just stay on the couch. He eventually gets out of the shower and head to his room, closing the door.

I wait about 10 minutes before going in and stealing some of his clothes for me to sleep in and head to the shower. When I'm out, I put on what I took from him and decide to sleep in his room like he suggested. It's not that I hate sleeping beside him, I just hate the tension between us.

We can both feel that we have feelings for each other after some many days together, but it seems we're both cowards. I'm never like this with anyone, I'm never shy about anything and I don't care about speaking what's on my mind, but with Eddie, I melt completely and I'm scared.

I don't know of what I'm scared but I am. Maybe I don't want to be rejected, even though I won't be. Maybe I just don't want to lose him if anything goes wrong again.

I make my way towards his bed and his back is turned to me. I close the door behind me and get under the covers. I face him, even though he doesn't. A couple minutes go by before he speaks and turns himself over at the same time. "I hate this" he says.

"You hate what?" I ask silently.

"Us" he simply says. My heart drops a little but I don't let it show.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean Aves... You know I like you, and I hate pretending that I don't. It's killing me"

I stay speechless, not expecting him to be so blunt about it. I never thought he would admit his feelings outloud, and surely not tonight. He sits up halfway, resting his weight on his arm and looks down at me. I have not moved but my eyes follow him.

"Please" his voice cracks, "Say something"

I don't even know what to say. What I should be saying is : You know I like you too Eddie. Shit, I think I might be in love with you even. I can't get enough of you and whenever I'm not here, all I do is miss you. Miss your smile, your jokes, the way you try to lift my mood up after a shit day at work. I always want to be around you and that will never change, I promise. I'll be here for each one of your terrible nights to cheer you up, I'll come and watch you play your stupid D&D because it means I can see you.

I should be saying everything my heart feels, but I'm not saying one word.

I sit up straight on the bed and now he's the one looking slightly up. I take his face in my hands before speaking, "You already know what I feel for you Munson, it's not something I try to hide" and with that, I press my lips to his, finally doing it after all times I thought about doing so.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Unedited.

I am FEEDING Y'ALL! Some idea's I used are from @ abi.0113 on TikTok, she makes so many cute dating povs I love her

1443 words