Chapter 10

The next day I woke up feeling happy. The night before I spoke to my brother and I also told Jake everything that’s been going on...well most of it.

I told him about how saw Spencer with Ms. Simmons, and of course his insensitive male mind was happy for Spence. I told him that Spence and I were getting along really well till he lied about seeing Ms. Simmons and when he found out about us getting drunk and hooking up. Then I told him how overprotective Spencer has been, and I even told him that Spencer didn't really like him, which didn't surprise him. I also told him that Spencer kind of almost kissed me and ever since then he's been really weird.

Of course Jake immediately thought the most irrational impossible thing of all time...that Spencer had a thing for me, which make sense at all so I completely ignored the idea totally...well at least I tried to.

But overall it felt good not hiding this from him, and especially letting it all out felt like a weight was removed from my shoulders.

Before I went to school mom left a note on the counter saying that she should be home pretty late and not to wait up...great. I was not in the mood for some awkward quality time with Spencer.

"I have the perfect solution for your problem." Jake said when I got into his car.

"And that is?" I asked curiously.

"To just try to get over all this bullshit with Spencer. Its senior year Babe, the year to have fun not stress." He said as he drove away from the curb.

"It's not that easy." I said.

"Yes it is, and I'm going to help you." He said with a smile as he focused on the road in front of him.

"Oh God, this can't be good." I said as Jake parked his car in the school parking lot.

"Babe have I ever let you down before?" He asked as he turn the car off and looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"No." I said with a small smile.

"So just trust me." He said and I just nodded.