Chapter 1

(PICTURE OF LAINEY------>)

I woke up ready to take on the world...

Today was the first day of my senior year. Everything was going to go perfect, nothing could ruin my day...or so I thought.

I walked down stairs with a bright smile on my face.

"Oh sweetie you'll never guess who I heard from!" My mother said as I poured myself a bowl of cereal.

"Who?" I asked curiously.

"Spencer King!" She shouted happily.

Ugh! I could almost gag and the sound of his name.

Spencer was my older brother's best friend, and my worst enemy.

He would always harass me, any chance he got. He would make fun of me with his friends, and laugh at me. Embarrass me in front of my friends, just plain torture me. Thank God I was free from his torture when he and my brother left for college 4 years ago.

"Ugh what did he want?" I asked disgust lacing each word.

"Why so harsh? Last time I checked you followed him and your brother around like a little puppy. I swear you had the cutest crush on him." My mom said which caused my cheeks to turn red.

"Mom!" I whined.

Okay so maybe when I was younger I used to think he was going to be my prince charming. But that was before he made my life a living hell. Spencer wasn't always so horrible to me. There was a time when he actually was nice and cared for me.

When Jake Mason pushed me off the swing, Spencer chased him around and through his face in dirt during recess. Like any normal girl I thought that Spencer was my knight and shining armor, but boy was I wrong. As soon as he turned 13 everything changed.