Chapter 11

I wasnt aable to finish the prom scene or start it really but I wanted to givwe you soemthing to show you that im alive and that I appreciate your patiencee soooo here it isss :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~''

I attempted to wait up for AJ and Spence to come home that night, casually passing by my window glancing down the block for an A.Js car.

But I couldn’t do it. I was exhausted and could barely keep my eyes open so around 3 I gave up and jumped into bed.

I woke up to the sound of footsteps outside my door …not one pair but two. I glanced towards the window and saw that it was still dark out. When I looked over to my clock I could see that it was only 6 a.m. out. Luckily I didn’t have school today and I would be able to sleep for a few more hours.

I tried closing my eyes and go back to sleep but I couldn’t my thoughts wandered to all the possibilities of what was going on outside.

I let out a deep breath and gave in to temptation and tiptoed out of my room…that’s when I heard them.

“I had really fun last night.” I heard a girl say. My heart almost stopped when I heard the next voice.

“Uhm...uh yeah, me too.” The familiar voice responded with doubt and annoyance.

Everything stopped around me when my mind focused on the situation in front of me.

Spencer brought a girl back home last night and she’s leaving my house now…

A dozen emotions piled into my chest and brain all at once and I couldn’t even move, I had no idea what to do.  

Is there anything you can do? The rational part of my mind said.

I frowned because I knew there was nothing I could do about this because he’s Spencer, my brother’s best friend and the boy who used to torture my life…nothing more. What he did or in this case who he did was none of my concern.

I wanted to scream out in frustration, I was so upset but why?

I didn’t have time to continue my thoughts because when I heard the door shut I immediately jumped causing the old wooden floor to creak.

“Lainey?” I heard Spencer whisper.

I closed my eyes tightly and took a deep breath trying to remove any emotion that was clear on my face.

“Uh yeah sorry, I was just coming down to get something to eat.” I said as I walked down the steps to see Spencer standing in front of me shirtless with a pair of low slung jeans the hung around his hips with the button undone. His hair was out of place and messy which just made him look hotter.

It was hard not to stare down at his amazing sculpted body.