Chapter 14

“So how are things with you and Rob?” Jake asked as he drove to school.

“Well the same since I last updated you…which was yesterday!” I said.

“You never know what could have happened over night…”

“Nothing happened…” I responded.

“Well I think you should have a little patience the kid just told you how he liked you ever since he met you...maybe he needs time to process…” Jake said as he made a turn into the school.

“I understand that…but I just…uh…I don’t know…” I said as I gazed outside the window.

“Listen I know what you’re thinking, you want to hurry up and get into a relationship with Rob so it would be easier to be around Spence, even though I don’t totally agree with this plan I still think you have to give it some time…” Jake said as he parked.

“I guess you’re right…” I said as I got out of the car.

“What’re you going to do about your little tutoring session with Spence?” He asked as we walked side by side to the front of the school.

“I have no idea…” I said as I let out a sigh.

“Well if you need me to come over and keep an eye on you, just let me know.” Jake said.

“Thanks Jake, but I don’t think it would make it less awkward.” I said as I made my way to my locker.

“OH MY GOD LAINEY” I heard Rose call making me cringe.

“Well I should go…” Jake said before he kissed me on the forehead and went to his locker.

“Yes Rose?” I asked as I unlocked my locker.

“I can’t believe you went out on a date with Rob!”

“Technically it wasn’t a real date, but yeah…” I said as I shut my locker door.

“If you were there, and he was there, and there were feelings being admitted then it was a date.” She said with excitement.

“How do you even know all of this?” I asked as I walked beside her.

“Well lets say a little birdie told me, but who cares! I could see it now double dates with Rob1 and Rob2!” She said eagerly.

I wasn’t even that excited; to be honest all I kept thinking about was walking into Spencer’s class in a few seconds.

I did my best to avoid him ever since that awkward dinner and now I was going to have to face him, and I wasn’t sure I was ready.

I stepped inside as soon as the bell rang, and I looked around to see Spencer wasn’t there.

I quickly hurried to the empty seat besides Rob and sat down. I looked over to Rob who smiled at me.

I knew Jake was right about using Rob to get my mind off of Spencer…but it wasn’t that I didn’t like him, I really did. He is the sweetest nicest boy I ever met and I was looking forward to getting to know him better…

“Well hello class! I hope you’re all ready to do trig equations today…” Spencer said with a smile. His eyes glanced over every student in the room except me. It was as if I was invisible.

I kept my eyes on my desk and tried to pay attention as much as I possibly could without letting my mind wander into other things.

When the bell rang I quickly gathered my things together, and just as I was about to leave I felt a gently grip on my arm.