Chapter 9

I wasn't sure what I was going to do about this whole situation with Spencer.

I was afraid that I was going to have to confront him the next morning but he left early, and I was relieved...for the most part.

Last night I knew Spencer didn't want to talk about it at all but I was sure that he would have some logical explanation for what that was yesterday, or he would tell me it was all a joke. Either way at least I would have got some type of answer out of him.

Even at school he was ignoring me. His eyes never met mine, even as I raised my hand to answer a question he looked right through me.

I wasnt even able to speak to him after class because as soon as the bell rang he left the room as quickly as possible.

This wasnt the Spencer I knew, and it scared me. He was avoiding me when he was supposed to be teasing me, it didnt make any sense.

The whole day Spencer occupied my thoughts and I couldn't pay attention or focus at all.

After the final bell rang I went to my locker to see Rose waiting for me.

"Hey." I said as I unlocked my locker.

"We're going shopping for dresses, and we have to get the boys matching ties." She said with a bright smile.

"Boys as in plural, whose your date missy?" I asked as I put my books in my bag and locked my locker.

"Rob Santo." She said with a smirk on her face. I knew why she was smiling so brightly, she has had a crush on Rob ever since freshman year and when he asked her to homecoming she was so happy.

"Alright lets go."

***

As we walked through the many stores searching for the perfect dress I couldn't keep my mind off of Spencer, not that I expected to.

It was just this whole situation confused me and I couldn't forget the way he made me feel as his lips got closer to mine.

"Earth to Lainey!" I heard Rose scream.

"Yeah?" I said being brought back to reality.

"What do you think I should choose?" She asked.

"Uhm..." I said not knowing what she was talking about.

"Whats going on in the pretty little head of yours?" She asked as she looked through the racks of dresses.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Liar I know its something, and I'm pretty sure it has to do with that hottie of a teacher." She said.

"No! " I said quickly filled with suspicion.

"Cut the shit Lainey. Ever since hes been at school you've been acting weird. Listen you don't have to tell me whats going on, but I could tell you've got a thing for him, and I bet he feels the same you just need a push in the right direction." She said as she took a short slutty dress off the rack and held up against me.

"Wait what? Hes a teacher! And hes almost 5 years older than me!" I said in a fake shocked tone. Even though I knew all of those things were true, I never thought about Spencer like that so the whole teacher student thing never occurred to me, but it doesn't matter cause its not like anything was going to happen.

"No. He's your brothers best friend who you knew all your life." She said, and I just let out a sigh of resignation.

"Again you don't have to tell me but we're going to find a dress that says 'look whos all grown up and ready to play' " she said with a smirk.