9: Unexpected

Suyeon bids goodbye to Juyeon as he has to go to his work in the morning. She sighs when she realised she is back alone in the house. She tries her best not to keep remembering Younghoon. But every traces in the house stop her from ignoring his presence before. Her tears drop all of sudden. "I miss you... Can you come for the last time?"

"Suyeon..."

She heard the same voice again. Looking around anxiously, she trusts her guts that it is Younghoon. "I know it's you.. please let us enjoy our time for the last time before you go back to your body." She pleads.

Younghoon appears in front of her, but his body seems translucent unlike before. Suyeon runs to hug him, it seems like she cannot do it as he is not in rigid form anymore. She keeps on trying, her tears show her efforts to touch him and it all turns out nothing.

"Why I can't hold you like before?! Don't disappear yet... You have three more days before your surgery. I'm sure we can still try to make as much memory as we could?!" She grows mad.

Younghoon just stays silent, shaking his head without saying anything. The girl's cries sound more pathetic as she tries to hit his chests continuously. "Talk to me... I miss your voice.."

"Suyeon..."

"Say another words! Please!" She pleads as she kneels on the floor, hugging herself.

Waking up, realising herself on the floor. Suyeon remembers she was brawling crying for Younghoon and suddenly passed out. She doesn't see any sight of him anymore or even his voice. She zones out, staring at the floor not knowing what to do.

She decides to go to the hospital to see Younghoon. These lingering feelings can't stop her. She takes a cab quickly rushing to the wardroom. The lying body on the bed makes her smiles. She holds Younghoon's hand, looking at him dearly. "I can finally touch you.."

A sudden cough stops Suyeon from looking at the bedridden guy. Her eyes meet someone she hates. "Eunha.."

"What are you doing here again?" Eunha sassily asks her.

"Where were you when the nurse called for his surgery?"

"Why you must be busybody? I have my own life. Don't you know how busy am I?" Eunha pushes Suyeon away from sitting closer to Younghoon.

"He is on verge of dying-"

"So what? Who are you to keep on worrying him? You already have boyfriend right? Why you're still here trying to take care of him? What will your boyfriend think about you? Ah... You're doing this behind his back so he doesn't know at all." Dissing Suyeon.

What Eunha said has the truth. Suyeon silently stands far from him, looking at how Eunha is acting taking care of him. She walks out of the ward, leaning on the door in despair. Her eyes see Younghoon soul but she looks away trying not to care about him. Her feeling betrays her as she bursts in tears.

"I'm dumb... Why should I cry for you? I already have someone else but why I am still waiting for you?" She cries.

She senses he tries to hug her but he can't even though how hard he tries. His desperateness is unbearable for himself and Suyeon. "Why you still insist me to be with Juyeon when you know I'll be this hurt to see you back to not knowing me..." She continues.

Juyeon takes a can of sports drinks from the fridge in the performance room. He has been scrolling few items that would suit his girlfriend as presents. His colleagues suddenly pats his shoulder, takes a peek at his phone screen. "Hey~ what's this? You're buying something for your girlfriend?"

"Don't make fun of me, Jacob. It's just... I feel like I want to. I don't want to lose her. She has suffered a lot before." Juyeon takes away his phone, shrugs the another boy away.

"What a romantic guy. But you never told us who's your new girlfriend is. When Changmin went to give you clothes, you also was secretive and shooed him away. Why? You're afraid we might fall for her?" Jacob jokes around.

"It's not time yet. Suyeon might not be comfortable when I suddenly-" Juyeon quickly zips his mouth as he realised he has spilled her name.

"So your princess is called Suyeon. It's cute. Juyeon. Suyeon. What a destiny." The another boy smiles. "Tell us more about her soon."

Juyeon doesn't know what he should answer. He is also unsure of whether their relationship could last long. Coincidentally, his partner called him at the right time. Answering the call, he walks outside to have his own space. "Yeah, sweetheart. Is there anything happening?"

"I'm wondering if you would like to have a lunch with me? I somehow feel want an accompany for today's lunch."

He heard Suyeon's voice sounds different, like she is holding her tears or choking up. He shrugs it off, "sure. Where should we meet?"

"Any place that is silence and not so many people."

"I will text you the address later. See you there."

The call ends, their conversation is a bit cold today. Seems her day is as bad as how their voices sound like. Juyeon tries not to think much about what happened to her, getting ready to meet his partner.

Suyeon waits for Juyeon at the table while listening to the live piano session near her table. The softness melody helps her to clear her mind. Her smile is visible when Juyeon finally arrived, taking a seat in front of her. "Sorry, there was a traffic jam."

"It's okay. I suddenly missed you." She confesses while reading the menu.

Juyeon feels fluttering inside. It makes him having a hard time to see Suyeon is faking her happiness. Her shaky eyes can't lie to his instinct. He suddenly holds her hands, "is there something you want to discuss? You seem like you have lots of things in your mind."

"Let's order our food first. I don't want to make you feel hungry." Suyeon neglects.

Calling the waiter, they both finished ordering the food. Juyeon looks at Suyeon, expecting her to explain. But she is too nervous like something happened. "It must be a bad thing, right?" He asks.

"What?"

"The thing you want to tell me. It's bad, right?"

Suyeon bites her lips, unsure to agree or not. "Urmm... I'm not sure too if it's bad or normal. But I'm not ready to do so."

"I have prepared my heart, you can just tell me now." Juyeon caresses Suyeon's fingers to calm her down.

"Can we... hold our relationship for a while..?" She spills everything. She can't even face Juyeon.

The guy sits in full of silence. Shows his fake smile, he is totally having mixed feelings. His thoughts suddenly come true of him uncertainty of their relationship. And on the same time, he will feel alone as Suyeon will not be by his side.

"You must be having a lot of hard time.." He tries to be positive.

"Don't you want to know the reason?" The girl asks sincerely. She also feels heavy hearted to say what's in her heart just now.

"I know you have suffered a lot.. your job, your friend. You must be afraid that when you continue with me, you might feel burdened." Juyeon smiles. "But you can contact me anytime if you want... don't endure it by yourself, right?"

The steaks arrived, Suyeon is speechless. Juyeon cuts them evenly without even letting Suyeon to hold her knife. This gentleman side of him makes her wants to cry. What if this will be their last moment together?