2: New Guy

Younghoon approaches Suyeon, holding her hand tightly. "Maybe because you're the only one who saw me, so I can keep in touch with you." He confesses.

Suyeon parries his hand away and starts to touch his body that is very vivid. "And am I the only one who could talk and see you like a normal human?"

The boy nods. "I'm not dead yet actually... I have been trapped in my soul state because I'm in comma. The last memory that I remember is you."

Suyeon tries to assemble the puzzles which are too hard for her to interpret. "Why life is so hard for me to go on..." She mumbles.

"I don't have much time. That's why I'm here... Searching for you, who knows who am I." Younghoon explains.

The girl pushes him outside, purposely slams the door. "Do whatever you want. I won't get involved at all. Dating or whatever. Don't you know that one sided love will never be successful?"

-

After the small fight, there is no presence of Younghoon at all. How grateful Suyeon feels as she walks happily to her workplace. Energetically bows to her co-workers, she quickly gets changed at the staff room while humming songs. Even her friends are thinking something good is happening to her. For her, not meeting that Younghoon makes her feel like flying to the moon.

"Suyeon, could you please take the packaging for our new event at the store? I have to settle this bean first." Suyeon gets the new command from her manager.

Going out from the staff room, she stuns a bit as she saw the sight of Younghoon is looking at her. She acts like she doesn't see him at all and takes out the packaging from the store. She knows if she ignores him, he will not involve in her life anymore.

Gets herself ready to welcome any customers, she stands in front of the POS machine waiting for any pedestrians outside to come. To be honest, Younghoon stands still in front of the counter, looking at her without saying any words. Professionally handling the situation, Suyeon excuses herself to help her manager. I should not make it too obvious that I still saw him and avoiding him.

Suddenly, a handsome good-looking guy walks in the store. He waits for Suyeon to be ready on the counter while reading the menu. "Sorry for waiting a while. May I take your order?" The girl asks.

"Could you recommend me anything good? I'm new to this neighborhood and since your cafe is right next to my condo so..." The guy replies.

"Ah. Our chocolate cheese frappe and American pie is delicious. I really recommend this combo." Suyeon answers.

"Can I order something else too?"

Suyeon blinks. "Sure, if I can help with it."

He lends his phone and smiles. "I would like to become closer to you. I know this is too sudden but I like the way you treat me."

The manager next to Suyeon and Younghoon who is right next to the guy freeze. The girl stutters, looking at her manager for help. Younghoon wishes he is visible for everyone in the cafe to see how protective he is to his love ones.

The guy takes back his phone as he saw how surprised Suyeon's face. "I'm sorry. I'm too forward. Here, my business card instead-"

"I already have a boyfriend." She bravely declares. She notices at how Younghoon anger gaze changes but she tries not to bother much. "I'll take your business card as business matter only. So, do you want to proceed to order what I recommended?"

"Yes, please."

-

Suyeon is on her break time. She looks at the business card that the guy gave her before. Lee Juyeon, performing arts trainer. His face is familiar but I am not good with memories. She crumples the card and throws it away into the bin. She heard Younghoon is cheering behind her. I wish next day he will gone for real. It is too nosy for him to keep on be like this.

"Manager~ I want to go eat outside. I have 25 minutes more right?"

"Yeah, please come quick before the rush hour."

"Yes, ma'am." Excitedly she replies as she leaves the cafe for a while. The nearest restaurant is her favourite - chinese food.

As she walks there, she encounters that Juyeon guy again but this time it's different. He is being surrounded by aunties in late 50s in his seat, telling him with lots of praises. Looking at his face, she knows how comfortable he is. She knows she should ignore him and just lives her own life before her break ends but the kindness in herself stops her from thinking so.

With Younghoon tailing her from her back, she approaches Juyeon's table. "I called you lots of times. Why you're not answering your phone? I have been waiting for you at another table."

Juyeon looks at her, puzzled. "What do you-"

She grabs his wrist, brings him to a more private area of the restaurant where only regulars know. She sighs and explains right away, "I'm not doing it because I like you but it's because I'm feeling-"

"Like I need help. Thank you so much. I really need help.." Juyeon answers. "I don't know how to make them not bothering me because I'm afraid that they'll feel I'm rude or whatsoever."

"Of course they'll swarm you because your face looks like you're not the type to eat in this kind of restaurant."

"What?"

"Urmm, have you ordered your food?" Suyeon changes the topic while acting like reading the menu although she just only eats the regular thing.

"Not yet. I don't really know how to order..." The guy timidly answers.

"Look at the menu and tell me when you have decided what to eat. I only have less than 20 minutes, so please be quick or else I'll just let you be here with those aunties." Suyeon sternly replies. She doesn't want him to have hope that she is opening her heart for him.

"I'll just eat what you eat!"

"When will you ever decide on yourself?" The girl takes the menu from him, calling for her waiter aka her best friend.

"Suyeon... Why you're dating at this kind of restaurant? And you don't even tell me you have a new one.." Her friend starts to show her busybody self.

"Be quick. Just give me regular jjajjangmyeon and give him the premium set." Suyeon orders.

Juyeon suddenly holds her hand to object but his reflexes are quick as mimosa plant. "Just give me jjajjangmyeon too. I can eat that-"

Suyeon tells her friend to proceed with the order, letting Juyeon repeating the "wait" word. He sulks, mumbling alone. The girl can't stop sighing every time she looks at his face. "I'm not giving you the same food as mine because I know you need more energy to train your students.. if you're just working like how I am, then I can just give you the same-"

"But you only eat once, right? Why you're giving me too much when you also need energy?" He starts to bicker.

"Don't worry too much about me. We are strangers. It's just a coincidence we met twice today. I'm sorry I sound so rude right now but I'm really rushing to keep on track with my time. I hope you understand." Suyeon clarifies everything in her mind.

"And what if I still insist to be a stranger to you?"