6: First Move

The whole journey way back home is full of silence. Neither Suyeon nor Younghoon lets out a single word. Excuses herself to the bathroom as soon as they arrived home, the male feels so guilty for not stopping her meeting the toxic girl. Sounds of sobbing slowly audible for Younghoon to hear. He leans on the door, shutting his eyes tightly while mouthing the 'sorry' words continuously.

It takes quite a long time for Suyeon to get out from the bathroom. She shows her forced smiles to Younghoon who is waiting for her at the kitchen. "Are you hungry?" She asks, trying not to make him curious.

"Aren't you going to meet Juyeon? I thought you were dolling up in the bathroom.." Younghoon lies.

"Oh... Thank you for reminding me. I am too distracted. But, can you just stay here? I think you will feel bored when following our date.."

Younghoon smiles and give a small nod. He doesn't want to say more things as he knows what happened just now to her. He tries to distract himself cooking the ramen while his eyes on the TV show. He has lots of words to say to her but it's not the right timing. Female sometimes can be sensitive.

-

Suyeon arrives at Juyeon's dancing academy. She looks at the minimalist designs of the building while climbing up the stairs, eyes on all-around the places. And that's make her stumble on her own steps, losing her stability. Luckily, Juyeon catches her from behind and lets out a small chuckle. "Are you that clumsy?"

"Thank you... Ah, it's just I'm surprised the inside is so different from the outside. How can a black boring building has such a five stars rating design.." Suyeon praises.

"I'm far more creative than you thought." He boops her nose playfully, intertwines their hands to bring her to his main dance room. The girl feels shy with all these sudden skinships, at the same time she feels her heart is blooming purely without any toxicity.

A room full of mirrors makes their figures visible in all corners. Suyeon cannot stop letting her mouth stay agape when the sound of music blasts only in the room. And Juyeon cannot stop looking at her reactions that he found them cute.

"Show me your dance." The girlfriend asks.

Juyeon smoothly takes her hands, guides her to slow dance together with him. He softly tells her to step backwards and forwards according to the beat. The climax of the song drives him to pull her closer, holding her chin to meet their eyes. His breath harmonised with his partner. It's enough to make him smile brightly. He kisses her sweetly, not too rough not too soft, just moderately to bring the date mood.

"I love you..." He whispers.

Suyeon only smiles, hugging him adoringly. She wants to say the same thing but her mouth doesn't comprehend as how her mind tells her to. Deep inside, she feels it's too early and it might hurt him when anything unexpected happened. She adds, "I have fun. Let's get our lunch. Is it okay for you to go.."

"I took half day only today just to be with you." Juyeon kisses her cheek more, ruffling her hair softly. "Cute."

Suyeon seems to heard the sudden compliment. Her ears turn red, her hair is good enough to become a cover or else Juyeon surely can see her embarrassed side. Walking out from the building, following him to somewhere she never went to. The elegance and luxuries of the restaurant stops her steps from following him. With her simple dress, she feels wrong to enter.

Juyeon notices her hesitant side. He locks his arm with hers, entering together confidently. Telling his name to the waiter, a table with candles and roses is waiting for them. The gentleman side of him pulling the chair to let her have a seat first. Elegance music is enough to make the female feels nervous with the surrounding.

"Don't be nervous. Just order what you want." The male helps to console her nervousness.

Suyeon opens the menu, just to read some words that she doesn't familiar and understand at all. Sighing few times, it makes Juyeon concerned. "Are you okay? Hard to make decision?" He asks.

The girl shyly nods. "I am fine if you order anything for me. I'm not familiar with all these names and foods.."

"Do you want wine?" He offers.

"I don't drink..."

"Sorry.." He quickly apologizes and calls the waiter nearby. Professionally he orders without any tangle in his words although it's full of foreign words. Suyeon is amazed but at the same time she feels like she doesn't deserve to be with him who seems like different standard.

Waiting for the food, Juyeon asks her lots of interests sharing topics. The guy is totally interested in him. The waiter comes with two plates with small food in the middle. Suyeon stares at the plate, lots of things in her mind. Is this enough? Why it costs higher when the food is small? Is it delicious?

Juyeon's word snaps her to reality, "let's eat."

The girl smiles, takes the cutleries to scoop the bizarre food for her. It all finishes in one scoop. It's more embarrassing to see the way she eats is different from her partner. The next courses come from time to time but the portion stays the same. The waiting time is longer than eating time for her.

"Let's go for a walk. Maybe we can get desserts next?" Juyeon plans.

Suyeon nods, follows him as how he wants. She notices the digits of the food costs when Juyeon did the payment. Tries not to bother him with the money, she stops him as soon as they are outside of the restaurant. "Sorry Juyeon but... I'm fine if we just eating lunch at simple stall on the roadside next time." She lets out her thoughts.

"Why? You didn't like the food before?" He asks concerned again.

"I feel bad.. because you're the one who is paying and to choose this kind of place.." She stutters, she is afraid it might trigger his feeling if she is being too straightforward.

Juyeon's phone suddenly rings, stopping Suyeon from continuing her words. He excuses himself to answer the call a bit far from her. Maybe it's a business call. Looking at his seriousness of answering the call, she knows it must be related to his works. He ends the call with a sigh, looking at her. "Suyeon... I'm sorry. I have to go. One of the dance teachers needs to go for emergency so I have to cover him up.. we should get our dessert now-"

"I'm fine if you want to go now. We still have other time to meet, don't worry." Suyeon kisses him to calm him down.

"Let me walk you back to your cafe."

"It's okay.. And I want to look around this area. So, it's fine." She hesitates.

"If so then, I'll call you when I'm finished." He hugs her before leaving her in the street alone.

-

"I'm back.." Suyeon greets with a box of chicken in her hand.

Younghoon storms right in front of the door, staring at her with full of questions. "So early?"

"I'm just a human who doesn't know what can happen.." She sighs.

"Spill everything."

"Give me space." Her mood is not vulnerable to play with Younghoon's.

"Why you bring back chickens when you just back home from date?" He asks.

The girl shakes her head few times, "I'm hungry."

"I thought you guys go for lunch together?"

"He is too expensive and too kind for me... I feel like I don't know. I'm too low for him."

"Okay, let me visualise. He brought you to a luxury place to eat where everything is small portioned and then he decided to walk you back home?"

"Are you sure you're staying at home?" Suyeon curious as what he said was true.

"Sixth sense." He brags.