Epilogue

*5 Years later*

"Wake up sleepy birds." I enter the room.

"Mom..Let us sleep more." Haruki whined. "Yeah!" Kaori added.

"Come on we get to go see your dad today!" I cheered. Kaori and Haruki immediately jumped up out of bed.

"Okay let's go!" They jumped up and down with excitement.

"Brush your teeth first and get dressed, Then we'll go." They nodd their head and race to the bathroom.

Haruhi and Kaori are my children that were born exactly four years ago. I had them at headquarters while everyone was out in the expedition. I didn't think I was gonna make it, but thankfully I did.

After they were born I bought a medium size house for all of us to live in with my family's money. I was going to keep fighting with the survey corps, but changed my mind. I love my children way too much to not be able to see them.

"We're done mommy!" Kaori and Haruki were both dressed and ready.

"Alright we'll get something to eat on the way there, Now let's go." I grab their hands and head out.

"Do you think daddy will be happy to see us agian?" Kaori kicked a pebble along the way.

"Of course he will sis!" Haruki smiles widely. We stop by and get flowers for him even though I know he thinks he's to cool for them. In about ten minutes we make it there.

"Dad!" Haruki and Kaori ran. I flash a quick smile.

"Good to see you Levi." I bend over to his grave and place the beautiful daisys on top of Levi's grave. All three of us kneel infront of his grave.

"Dad today's our birthday. Were finally four. I've been taking care of sis and mom. Mom said you were really strong, so I hope to be as strong as you." Haruki's smile disappears.

"And I've been a good girl dad! I finish all my food and do whatever mom tells me too. I wish we could see you one day." Kaori starts to tear up.

"Okay you two go on and wait by the exit. I'll just talk to your dad a little more." I rub Kaori's back to calm her down. They nodd their head and run over to the exit. I turn my back to Levi's epitaph that read 'R.I.P Humanities strongest soilder and a father.'

"Hey Levi." I place my hand on his epitaph. "It's been exactly four years since you died while saving your squad. You're probably up there with each of our fallen comrades." Tears start developing in my eyes.

"You couldn't meet your own children and that hurts me a lot. I wanted to see your face when you came home and saw your children for the first time. You always told me to keep my promise to not die on you, but you didn't keep yours. I miss you so much." I cry into my hands uncontrollably.

After a few minutes I finally calm down and stand back up. "I'll always love you." I smile down at his grave.

I have to stay strong for Haruki and Kaori. I'm gonna be their for them unlike my family was for me. I'm always gonna keep my promise and live for them.

"Alright let's go spend the rest of your guys birthday where ever you want too." I stop slowly infront of Hikaru and Kaori.

"Lets go mommy! Daddy's watching over us and wants us to have fun. Haruki grabs onto my hand and drags me along with Kaori running beside us.

"Right." I smile back at him.

"Promise us you'll be happy for the rest of the day!" Kaori grabs my hand as well.

"I promise."