Promise

Levi's POV

My best friend, dead. Just like that in a second. The titan that just ate Farlan was standing in front me and Rosé waiting to attack us any second.

Without even thinking me and Rosé both attack it immediately. Both of us slice every part of his body, from head to toe repeatedly over and over agian.

The titan's body was covered in multiple cuts causing him to  explode and blood gush everywhere.

I look over and see Rosé holding back her tears as she looks at Isabel's body-less head that was lying a foot away from her.

I walk over and shut Isable's eyes shut. Then walk away ignoring Rosé. It's all my fault. The reason she's crying, the reason for my friends being dead, and everything.

Dammit, why not me.

I fall to my knees and start to cry.

Your POV

I look over to see Levi crying on the ground. None of us have ever seen Levi cry.

I walk over to him and get on my knees as well, trying to talk to him. Levi's head was down and all I could see was tears falling down his face.

"Levi." I call out. No answer. "Levi, talk to me." Once again no answer. "Dammit you're not the only one who lost someone!" I began to cry.

"I'm so sorry." Levi speaks up. He grabs me by the waist and pulls me into a hug. I grab onto Levi's green cloak and clench it hard as I possibly could.

The cold rain kept falling onto us while we stayed there hugging in silence.

Soon the remaining soldiers came and I break away before they could see us hugging. I get up and stand next to Levi while I fight back the tears as hard as possible around them. Levi stopped crying as well, but didn't even lift up his head.

Erwin walks closer to both of us with this other guy who I barley knew.

"So you two are the only one's left in your whole entire squad? Pathetic." Erwin chuckles. Levi and I both give him a beyond furious look.

"What!?" We shout angrily ready to attack him. Erwin pulls out a document and throws it onto the ground.

"There's the document." Erwin looks at us with a straight face.

"You knew all along didn't you!?" I shout at him. My stomach felt like it was turned upside down.

"Smart girl." Erwin applauded me.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Levi shouts. We both run towards Erwin. Levi gets held back by a soilder, but no one stops me.

"Die!" I swing my sword at him, but he blocks my attack with his sword.

"You're being reckless." Erwin pushes me onto the ground where Levi was. "I just wanted you two to join for your amazing skills, I didn't get your friends killed."

"You're right, I did. I was the one who got our friends killed." Levi adds on.

"No, It was me. I shouldn't have agreed to the plan, it was all because of me and my stupid desicion." I interrupt

"No both of you are wrong! The titans are at fault. Open your eyes and realize it's all because of the titans." Erwin bends over to us placing a hand on our shoulders.

"I'm weak..I couldn't save them." Tears began to form into my eyes.

"Sometimes you can't save the one's you love. No matter how strong you are which you are. If you weren't, you wouldn't have survived...Let's continue fighting." Erwin lends me a hand to help me get back up.

I wipe my tears away and grab his hand. I get back up and Levi was still on the ground shocked.

"Let's go home." I grab his hand. Levi looks up at me and nodds his head.

Once he got up we were still holding hands which I didn't mind at all. We had to break away soon though since we had to get back on our horses and head back home. As we were riding back I see Levi behind everyone and in deep thought. I pull back my horse next to his.

"I won't ever leave you, I promise. We'll always have each other" I smile at him warmly. Levi stays quite.

"Pinky promise." I stick out my pinky.

"Are you 5?" Levi asks.

"Well I get mistaken for one.. That's not the point! Promise."

"I promise." Levi sticks out his pinky finally and wraps it around mine.