Chapter Five - Brusque

brusque
/brəsk/

adjective
abrupt or offhand in speech or manner.
"she could be brusque and impatient"

//

"Levi fucking Ackerman- Eren are you serious?" Connie spat out.

"Mhm..!" Eren hummed. "It's true."

"How-" Sasha queried. "Not to be rude or anything but how? Like that's Levi fucking Ackerman we're talking about!"

"We'll he ordered a drink from me, saved me from Terry and yeah. Oh yeah, he payed my moms medical bill and literally put me on health insurance."

"Isn't he like a lot older than you, Yeager?" Jean asked. (Um fuck off, who cares? Not us)

"What's it to you, horse face? Were you trying to get with me?" Eren teased. Jean looked appalled.

"As if." He scoffed.

"Dude. That's unreal." Ymir said in disbelief, changing the subject back to its original topic.

"Tell me about it-" Eren started but was interrupted.

"We open in two fucking minutes. Get up and get to work." Terry commanded. "Yeager. My office."

Eren gulped. This couldn't be good. Was he going to be assaulted again? Raped, maybe?

"Yeager. You're fired." He shut the door behind him. " Now that I'm back I'm not letting you work in the shop any longer, you got that?" Terry spat into his face.

"S-sir what did I do wrong..?" Eren asked. He hadn't done anything wrong.

"You got me fucking knocked out with that stunt you pulled, you whore. Get the fuck out of my office. Grab your shit and go." Terry growled. "Maybe you could go work at some whore house. I'm sure they'll take ya."

Erens eyes slowly filled up with tears and he backed out of the office and into the break room. He grabbed what little stuff he kept here such as a phone charger, his water bottle, and his apron.

He ran out of the shop ignoring his friends worried faces and questions. He sat down at a bench in the park about a mile away from the shop.

*ring ring*

"Hey Brat, I just stopped by your little shop for my tea and you weren't there." Levi said. "Where are you?"

Eren cleared his throat and tried to mask the crying he'd been doing. "Y-yeah I'm just at the park."

"Why are you at the park?" Levi inquired. Suspicions of Eren being fired were fresh in his mind all the way back from when he knocked Terry out. It was a wonder how he was still working there anyway.

"Just taking a break, y'know?" Eren responded.

"Brat. Did you get fired?"

"Yeah.."

Levi sighed into the receiver. "Merde, ça. I'll be there in five." (Damn it)

___

Sure enough, Levi was there in five minutes.

"What'd you do to get yourself fired, brat?" Levi joked and looked over at him. He knew it was his fault but he wasn't all worried about Eren being fired.

"I'm not sure.." Eren sniffed wiping what was left of his tears. He'd tried his best to make it look like he wasn't crying before Levi got there but it didn't go as planned.

"Hm. If you're still on for dinner, I have a surprise for you." Levi said keeping his eyes on the road.

"I hate surprises.." Eren chuckled, his mood lifting.