Chapter Twenty-Eight

TIMESKIP

"Thanks for lunch, Hange and Petra." Eren said.

"No problem, honey."

Levi invited his friends over to his beach house for the week. As promised, he let Eren invite his friends over too.

Jean, once skeptical of Levi, actually really likes him. He thought Levi only liked Eren because he was young and desperate but he couldn't have been more wrong. Now, Jean wouldn't stop talking to him, not that Levi minded.

Eren minded though. He'd been sitting on Levi's lap for almost an hour and Levi hadn't so much as looked at him.

For not liking to talk to people, Levi seemed to get along with everyone he met. Not to mention, everyone liked him; he was a real people pleaser.

"Eren, come here." Mikasa said. "I want to show you something."

Eren got up and glared at Levi before following Mikasa. Levi shrugged it off, watching his boyfriend leave.

"What's up, Mika?" Eren said when she closed the door to the room they were in.

"Eren. Why don't you like me." She sounded sincere and sad. "All of those years we flirted and even kissed.. they meant nothing to you?"

"Mikasa.. I thought you knew it was just a joke.." Eren stared at the floor, too nervous to look her in the eye. "Everyone knew I was gay.. I was sure you did too."

Tears formed in her eyes as she started to walk away.

"Mikasa-"

The door shut and Eren was left with nothing but his thoughts.

It was now dark and everyone was gathered around the large table in the dining room. Gunther and Hange prepared steaks, mashed potatoes, and green beans with bacon for everyone.

Despite the age differences, everyone got along just fine. Sasha really got along with Hange and Jean with Levi. Marco and Eren were both left talking to each other when Jean and Levi crossed paths.

Dinner was a very sociable time tonight as everyone wanted to get to know each other more.

"So Levi, you're originally from France?" Marco asked, taking a bite of his steak after.

Levi nodded. "Bordeaux."

"Ooh, I went there for my senior trip!" Sasha beamed. "Beautiful place."

Levi nodded.

"What about you, Hange?" Mikasa asked, changing the topic to someone other than Levi.

"Oh, just Germany." Hange smiled, finishing the rest of her food. "I was going to move to the States when Levi opened up his dealership. Then, I decided to stay and here we are."

"You two seem to be close." Ymir noticed. It was endearing to hear all of the stories about Levi and Hange. "When'd you guys meet?"

"Ah.. highschool...? Maybe a little before?" She said, not exactly sure. She looked over at Levi who nodded.

For the next thirty minutes, everyone had a great time getting to know each other. Mikasa stayed quiet most of the time, however.