Chapter Four - réconfort

"Um hello? Sir?" A woman was saying. "Can I order please?"

Eren snapped out of his daze and looked at the woman. She looked pretty pissed off.

"Oh. I'm so sorry.. What can I get you, ma'am?" He asked trying to be polite.

"Large Carmel Latte, no cream." She said and pulled out her credit card. The woman was staring at him with judgy eyes.

She was scanning his face. He had dark circles under his eyes. He couldn't focus. His eyes were swollen from previous crying

But who was she to judge? She didn't know what was going on in his life right now.

"Your total is 3.92..would you like a receipt?"

"No." The woman walked off to a nearby table and sat down. Eren turned back to the register to see a familiar face.

"What's up with you, Yeager?" He asked. His eyes staring into Erens mismatched ones.

"Youre awful chatty right now, aren't ya. What can I get for you, Mr. Ackerman?" Eren said.

"Black tea and what's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"What size Mr. Ackerman? And just that you barely spoke at all last time and seemed almost like you resented me."

"I do not "resent" you, Eren. I just..medium." He replied.

"Medium black tea!" Eren called to the back. "And just because you're so polite, my mothers in the hospital and the bills just put me in debt by 50,000. Have a great day Mr. Ackerman."

"Next."

Levi left shortly after being handed his tea. However, he didn't go to work this time. He went to..the hospital? 

"Oh, Mr. Ackerman! It is a pleasure to meet you..are you in need of medical assistance?" A girl at the front desk asked. Her tag read Perma.

"I don't, no. Is there anyone here with the last name Yeager?"

"I'll have to check my files. Why do you ask?" She said while pulling out a drawer and going through them.

"Just helping out a..friend." He replied sounding bored. Petra hurried to grab the file from the category "Y" and spread out the separate sheets to scan each one.

"Ah yes. Yeager, right here." Petra pointed to a paper. It had a picture of a beautiful woman on it. The page said she was forty but she didn't look a day over twenty-eight.

"Perfect. I'd like to pay for the medical bill." Levi said. His social skills weren't the best. He sounded almost angry and the girl, even though he wasn't. He was actually in a good mood.

"Mr. Ackerman, the bill it's almost $40,000! I believe you won't want to pay that for someone, surely." She gasped.

"This person is.. special. Here." Levi handed her his debit card and she scanned it. "I have one more request."

__ Next day__

*Ding dong, Ding dong*

Levi opened the front door of his "humble" home to be greeted by a familiar face.

"You're fucking crazy." Eren laughed as soon as the door opened. Blinded by his happiness, he pulled the taller man into a hug. (Yes Levi's tall).

"I don't know what you mean?" Levi said with a blank face and bland voice. He backed away from Erens touch.

"This place is a fucking castle.." Eren said walking inside, unwelcomed. He spun around staring at the ceiling before stopping and facing Levi again. "You do know what I mean."