52. Pregnant Akshu: 4 (OS)

Few months have gone by of Akshara's pregnancy and she is in the middle of her second trimester.

........

It was a beautiful morning at Birla house. Abhimanyu was in his room. He heard his alarm go off and extended an arm to shut it with his eyes still closed.

Abhimanyu: Akshu!!! Baby get up...

He opened his one eye as he heard no response and sat upright with a start as he did not see his wife.

Abhimanyu: AKSHUUU!!!!

Akshara Birla was in the washroom when she heard her husband yell for her. She quickly rushed to the bed and jumped on it.

Akshara: Abhiiiii...mai itni khush hoon, itni khush hoon ki mai bata nahi sktii..

She started to giggle and jump on their bed. Abhimanyu got stressed and stood next to the bed with his arms extended just in case she falls.

Abhimanyu: Tumhe itna khush dekhr mujhe bohot accha lg raha hai Akshu...pr please aise mt kudo...mera baby dr jayega...

Akshara: Uff!! You are such a mood kill but you know what?? Nothing can dull my mood today, not even you...CHIDKURAAM!!!! (pokes his cheek)

Abhimanyu: Aye! ...aur aisa kya hua subah subah..

Suddenly, Akshara blushed and got down the bed- much to Abhimanyu's relief. She walked in front of him with her eyes down. Timidly, she took his large hand in her tiny ones and placed his palm on her belly.

Abhimanyu: (panicking) Akshu!! Is it paining my love?? Hospital chalte hai...

Akshara: (hits his head lightly) Budhhu docman!! Dard hota toh mai khush kyu hoti???

Abhimanyu: (Calms down hearing this and then gets excited) The baby kicked!?

Akshara smacks her head instead this time.

Akshara: Abhi! Taiji na sach kehti hai ki tum mere case me apni saari padhai bhool jate ho....baacha itni jldi kick krta hai kya baba?

Abhimanyu: (rubs the back of his head feeling a little embarrassed) Oh haa.....haha...toh tum ki batao kya hua hai?

Akshara took him near the mirror and asked him to look there.

Akshara: What do you see in the mirror patidev?

Abhimanyu: (back hugs her and kissed her cheeks) I see my world!!

He said while gently caressing her stomach. Akshara gets emotional.

Akshara: Tum kitne sweet ho ...

Abhimanyu: A side reserved for my special ones. Accha ab bolo bhi, don't get distracted...

Akshara: Haan...

She asks him to keep looking into the mirror. Then she turns sideways and lifts her tshirt. Abhimanyu frowns and then something clicked. Barely noticeable but present- it a small bump on Akshara's otherwise flat stomach.

Abhimanyu: Ye!! Ye toh...ye mera baby hai!!!

He bent down and touched it. Akshara shivered slightly at his cold hands on her bare skin.

Abhimanyu: sorry!!!

He rubbed his hands rapidly and then placed now warm hands.

Abhimanyu: Hi baby, this is your papa!!

He placed a kiss on her small bump and then rose to his feet. He hugged Akshara tightly. They both celebrated this small milestone in their journey to be parents.