36. Not Your Punching Bag (Final)

Akshara yawned. She felt over-stuffed with food and tired by the day full of travelling and eating. In a way it was good too, since she was so busy- she had no time to lament and be sad. She had a great time with her Nanu and wished she had met him sooner. Vatsal had really pampered her too. She was his favourite cousin after all and as far as he considered- she was his only sister. She thought of what a great adventure the day had been and rested her head against the window pane while soft 90s music blasted on the car radio.

The car pulled inside Singhania Sadan and Vatsal turned to see Akshara asleep. Carefully lifting her in his arms he got shocked as he saw the welcome party.

Vatsal: Abhi tk yahin hai ye...I thought chale gaye honge..

Naitik: Mujhe bhi aga tha...pr accha hai Akshu so rahi hai....inhe toh do second me bhaga dunga mai..

They approached them. Abhimanyu looked at his cute wife asleep. He moved forth to take her from Vatsal's arms but Vatsal backed away. Abhimanyu looked at him with disdain.

Manish: Naitik ji..

Naitik: Mr. Goenka! (nods)

Manish: Dekhiye...

Naitik: Pehle aap dekhiye, so rahi hai na meri bacchii. Don't disturb..kl ana...

His driver got down and opened the house door. Naitik stepped in followed by Vatsal. Abhimanyu was walking close to him since he didn't trust him to carry his wife with utmost care. Vatsal had just entered the threshold when Abhimanyu blocked his path and forced him to put Akshara on the couch. Manish and others followed in.

Naitik: Bade dheet ho aap log...Vatsal Akshu ko room me sula do...yahan shor se uth skti hai..

Abhimanyu picked her before Vatsal.

Abhimanyu: Hands off my wife!!

Vatsal: (steps closer) or what!?

Abhimanyu: You!!...Just let me put her some place comfortable and quiet and then I'll show you what?!

Swarna: Naitik ji! Humare parivaron ke beech jo bhi hai, usse ye nahi badal jata ki Akshu humare ghar ki beti hai, usse milne se aap nahi rok skte hume...

Naitik: Aur ye baat apko saalo pehle yaad nahi aayi thi. Apne Naira ka sach chupaya Akshu se aur humse bhi milne nahi diya. Jb usse pata chala uske baad bhi meri natin ko mujhse milne nahi diya!! Chale jaiye mere ghar se...

Manish: Dekhiye ye waqt beeti baaton ka nahi hai...hume Akshu se maafi mangni hai...

Naitik: Mangne aye hai ya cheene? Aise attitude ke saath toh mai milne nahi dene wala...

Manjiri: Ji..Namaste. Mai Akshu ki saas hoon...hum sb baat krna chahte hai usse bs...

Akshara woke up hearing all the commotion. She blinked her eyes and frowned. She was confused as she was staring at Abhimanyu's jaw. She raised a finger to touch it. Abhimanyu shivered as he felt her soft touch after so long while she got surprised and realised that this wasn't a dream.

Abhimanyu: Akshuu...

Akshara: (looks away) neeche utaro mujhe..

She got down Abhimanyu's arms. Vatsal pulled her behind him. Remorse in Abhimanyu's eyes got replaced by anger.

Abhimanyu: Get out of my way...

Akshara: Don't do this. Both of you.

Abhimanyu: Then ask him to not get in between us...

Vatsal: Tumhari kyu sunu mai...meri sweetipie ke liye jo sahi hai mai vohi karunga!!

Abhimanyu caught his collar and Akshara moved to his defence.