46. Jealous Abhi: 2.2 (TS)

Apsara and Akshat- Part 2 (Final)

Hi!

I got caught up in another two shot story and delayed part two of this. Therefore, I am attaching a small recap to help recall the first part.

................

Recap: It is Abhira's engagement day. Akshara's friend- Akshat comes to surprise her but is a little late so he misses the function. His bonding with Akshara irks Abhimanyu. Akshat's comment on Goenka's ignorance makes Akshara sad and she leaves the room. Abhimanyu coldly tells Akshat off when he was about to go check on Akshara and goes to find her himself.

.................

Abhimanyu walked out of the room after telling Akshat off.

Abhimanyu: Who the hell does he think he is? Hoga Akshu ke close, jaanta hoga aache se lekin meri Akshu ko sambhalne ke liye mujhe uski madad lene ki bilkul zarurat nahi hai...

He huffed in anger but it melted as soon as he was away from Akshat. Now, he was more concerned about Akshara's emotions. She sounded really low when she left. He wanted to go check at the party but he was pretty sure she'd avoid it. She wouldn't go into her room either. Sighing he ran his fingers through his hair.

Abhimanyu: Think think....kahan hogi Akshu...

He closed his eyes and held his hand near his heart. Trusting his gut, he quickly dashed upstairs to avoid running into any guest or family and hindering his mission to find his fiancé. A few minutes later, he found himself standing near the terrace door. He pushed the door open to see his fiancé standing near the railing, staring at the night sky.

Akshara had found it difficult to breathe the moment she left that room. She suddenly craved the open air and the presence of her mother. She found her mother in many ways- her dairy, her dance videos but her favourite way was the stars. This was the form Sirat had introduced Naira as and now Sirat had joined Naira along with Kartik. Akshara always looked at the stars and imagined her parents were looking at her.

Abhimanyu: (Whispers softly) Akshu...?

Abhimanyu's words broke the silence. Akshara smiled without turning and nodded slightly. Abhimanyu approached her and stood beside her. Akshara composed herself and turned towards him. She gave him a soft smile. Abhimanyu's frowned- upset.

Abhimanyu: Don't!

Akshara: (confused) What?

Abhimanyu: Don't give me this fake smile Akshu...

Akshara: Wha- what?

Abhimanyu: I can see right through it! This smile doesn't reach your eyes. It doesn't warm my heart like your real smile does! You know what this smile does? It makes me sad. Dard hota hai ye sochkr ki jise mai mera sab kuch manta hoon vo mujhe itna bhi nahi manti ki khulkr apne man ki baat keh de..

Akshara's face fell a little. Nobody had ever looked long enough to notice this about her. As a child, she always faked happiness so that elders around her don't worry. She was mature for her age but kitna bhi mature kyu na ho, dil to akhir bacche ka hi tha. She craved someone to care enough to notice that she wasn't actually happy. Someone to ask her if she was okay.

Her lips wobbled a little but she smiled. This time a real bright smile but with teary eyes. She looked at the stars as if talking to her parents.

Akshara: Mumma! Papa...Sirat Maa....dekho...apki Akshu ko kitna pyaar krne wala partner mila hai..

Abhimanyu: (cups her face) hey hey hey! The idea was not to make you cry silly!

Akshara: (chuckles) khushi ke ansu hai Abhi...Thank you!