47. Jealous Abhi: 3 (OS)

Thank you for all your comments on the previous OS. Much love.

Note-Abhira are married in the OS.

OS 3: Who is bothering Akshu?

................

Late night | Birla house

Abhimanyu Birla cracked his neck as he finally shut his laptop. There was a rather complicated surgery scheduled tomorrow and he needed all the literature study of past cases to get better equipped to handle it. He rubbed his neck and got up from his desk. He organized his material and noticed the time. It was almost midnight.

He got ready for bed and noticed his wife was already deep in sleep. She looked adorable in shorts and one his t-shirts- which was rather large on her but she claimed it was comfy. Her hair formed a halo around her head and pecked her forehead- his angel. He got in bed and pulled her in his arms. As if sensing his presence, she rolled over and put her face in the crook of his neck and snuggled into his chest.

All of Abhimanyu's fatigue faded and he felt at peace. Hugging her close, he closed his eyes to join her in the dreamland when her phone pinged. He ignored it but it kept going on.

Abhimanyu: Itni raat ko kon message kiye jaa raha hai tumhe?

Abhimanyu was hell protective and possessive of her but even he was clear of boundaries. Snooping through her phone would mean he lacks trust and that is a boundary he did not want to cross. However, as her phone continued to ping, he sighed.

Abhimanyu: Pta nahi kon hai? Koi emergency hoti to call aa jata...ek kaam krta hoon...silent kr deta hoon.. Kahin Akshu ki neend disturb na ho jaye...

He picked up her phone to silent it but her lockscreen display was filled with the notifications and his eyes accidently fell on the messages.

'Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy'

'It is me!'

'I missed you'

'Heyyyyyyyy'

'Sun na..........'

'Kahan ho?'

'I got a surprise for you'

'I know you missed me too.....'

'You mad at me?'

'Babe...'

'Babyyyyyy?????'

'I love you na.....'

Abhimanyu's nose flared at the last message. He clenched his jaw. Akshara made a soft hissing sound in her sleep and he noticed his grip had tightened on her. He moved his hand and looked up the number. It wasn't saved. Was someone stalking his wife? Was she getting harassed?

Abhimanyu called the number but it was switched off. Strange! He noted the number and blocked it from her phone so that she doesn't get any more texts. Placing her phone back on the side table, he pulled her into him. He caressed her soft face and pecked her cheek.

Abhimanyu: I love you Akshu. Tumne mujhe bataya kyu nahi ki koi tumhe pareshan kr raha hai? Shyd this is the first time this idiot is texting you and you don't know yet. Jo bhi ho we'll talk in the morning. Tumhe tension lene ki koi zarurat nahi...iss admi ki aisi class lagayega na tumhara docman ki dubara kissi ko bhi text nahi karega...

Vowing to find and straighten up the person texting his wife in the middle of the night and calling her baby, Abhimanyu felt asleep, with his world in his arms.