50. Pregnant Akshu: 2 (OS)

OS 2: Baby Birla on Board

...................

Akshara Birla couldn't sleep. She was tired but all the emotions running inside her wouldn't let her sleep. She was really excited to share such a big news with her husband- she was pregnant! She was slightly scared too. She suddenly recalled an incident from a few months ago.

Flashback~

Akshara was working at one of the top hospitals in Udaipur. Abhimanyu was asked to perform a surgery at that very hospital as a visiting doctor. The case had become complicated and they could use his expertise. After performing the hours long surgery, Abhimanyu came out and decided to wait for his wife to wrap up her day so that they leave together.

He asked a nurse where she'd be at and reached there. He found her sitting surrounded by children. She had just wrapped up a session. They all pecked her cheeks before leaving. Abhimanyu smiled looking at his wife- she was really beautiful- inside out. He noticed she had something in her hands. Moving closer he realized it was a small baby.

Abhimanyu: Akshu?

Akshara turned to see her husband. She smiled and enquired about the surgery. Then she informed him about the baby.

Akshara: His mother is sick. Nothing life threatening but she needs rest and this little one was keeping her awake. She is a single mom Abhi so maine socha isse thodi der mai sambhal leti hoon....he loves music toh shaant rehta hai mere saath..

She cuddled him and made faces at him. The baby chuckled showing his toothless smile. Akshara hummed while pulling him closer to her chest. Soon the baby slept and Akshara handed him to the nurse to take him back to his mother's ward.

Abhimanyu pulled her towards him as soon as the room was finally empty. He breathed in her scent and relief washed all over him.

Akshara: Kitna cute hai na vo baby Abhi?

Abhimanyu: No more cute than my baby..(pulls her cheeks)

Akshara: Please (rolls her eyes) You are partial... mujhe na babies itne cute lgte hai...unhe dekhr bohot pyaar ata hai

Abhimanyu: (frowns) Mujhse bhi zyada pyaar?

Akshara: Haw! Tum jealous ho rahe ho Abhi? Ek baache se..

Abhimanyu: (looks down) Nahi..

Akshara: (laughs) Abhi! Baby hai vo bs...kl ko humara bhi hoga..

Abhimanyu: NO!

Akshara paused at his sudden outburst. Abhimanyu noticed her sudden drop in expressions and cupped her face.

Abhimanyu: Tum jaan ho meri Akshu...mai tumhe kissi bhi takleef me nahi dekh skta..kabhi bhi...Labour kitna painful hota hai pta hai? I will not put you through it....aur tumne dekha hai khud ko? Hath agarbatti, pair mombatti...Agar baby ne tumhari health ko negatively impact kiya toh...Nahi, I will never risk your health!

Akshara: pr what if I want-

Abhimanyu: we'll discuss it when the day comes...

Flashback ends~

Akshara felt a sudden wetness on her cheeks and raised her hands to wipe the stray tear.

Akshara: (thinks) I know you said you did not want a baby...pr shyd tb vo tumne bina soche bs aise hi bol diya...(keeps a hand on her stomach) ye humare pyaar ki nishani hai Abhi...humara baby..I am sure tum isse positively loge...You'll be as happy as me...