chapter 16 out

I literally just laid there for a week, not able to do a thing. We had an actual doctor come over because if Claude was in my presence again, I don't care if it's a life or death situation; based on what I have heard about him I would be willing to rip out his throat any time. I had never met him, and I hope I never do. The doctor said my stab wound was healed and I didn't need the bandage and that my back was basically all healed. I could resume work in two days.

When the doctor asked what happened and how long ago we said that it happened last month and that I fell off a ladder and impaled myself on an axe outside, trying to wash the windows.

Two days. All I had left of just lying here doing nothing. I was dying to get up and move, take walks with Sebastian in the garden, and even play with the huge demon hound Pluto. Pluto was new here and Finny had to work with Sebastian to tame him better but they would occasionally come to my room to say hello.

The last day was the most painful, knowing that I could stand up and walk so soon but it seemed so far away. The real pain was Sebastian didn't come to my room that day. He stayed out and I didn't see him. I had to tell him he was my everything, he was the reason I didn't give up on living after the incident. I struggled to stay alive for him.

I was trying to take a nap when I heard my window open. I thought it was just Finny or Sebastian coming in from out side, but then I saw a flash of red and knew instantly it was the shinigami I hated. Well I couldn't really hate him, he was just annoying. He ran over to my bed side.

"Oh Bella! Long time no see! What has happened?!" He actually looked concerned which I thought was sweet so I told him about my injuries.

"Oh! That's terrible! Once again you have cheated death. You know it's you that has made Will angry, so far he tried to kill you like four times but none have worked,"

"Well that sounds like something he would do and I'm glad I'm making him mad. He can't just kill a demon. I didn't realize death was a game," I joked he laughed and we sat there and he kept me company. Something I needed. Sebastian walked in and saw Grell and he looked like he was done with Grells crap. But he decided to ignore it and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'm sorry I haven't come to see you, I had an unusual amount of work I had to do," he explained. I bet Baldroy tried to use his flame thrower again. Why did I let him buy one that day in town? Oh well.

"Its alright Sebastian, I understand. How has your day been?" I asked as usual he just said it was fine.

"I am done with being in this bed, and I need to get up. I rolled over onto my back and it felt like pins were getting stabbed into my back. It wasn't painful, just a tickling sensation. As I sat up I felt Sebastian try to push me back down but I didn't budge at all. Not walking being with him was the worst.

"Bella you need to rest,"

"No I need to stand,"

"If you stand your back won't heal right,"

"Its already healed," I leaned forwards and he looked at my spine alignment. It was straight as an arrow and perfect as can be.

He released me and Grell decided it was time for him to leave. Good I didn't want him here while I changed from this awful smelling skirt to a fresh dress after a bath.

I walked into the bathroom attached to my room and turned on the water. I had to lock the door so Sebastian didn't pull anything funny. The cool water felt soothing against my skin as I stepped into the tub. I washed up and grabbed a towel and drained the water.

I dried my hair a bit and looked into the mirror. The blue in my hair had faded a little bit along with my skin was pale as usual but my eyes slightly more dull. I needed some sun or something.