𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

⁽ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵖᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁱˢⁿ'ᵗ ᶜᵃⁿᵒⁿ, ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ʰᵒʷ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ᵐᵉᵗ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒᵒᵏ⁾

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐘, Randle was still in school. He only started working when he was highschool, and if he knew about it then he wouldn't be looking forward to growing up and figuring that part of his life.

Evie was a new student, and was immediately popular. Of course she was a Soc, she was new, pretty, and different to this elementary school. Their first interaction was on a monday afternoon. "Get off of me!" Randle pushed a soc boy, making him trip into a mud. Gasps were shared among the crowd that her them.

"You messed up my favorite T-shirt!" the soc angrily then grabbed Randle and pushed him to the mud, however the greaser boy pulled the boy with him, making them tackle each other on the ground. "Hey get off of him Gilbert!" Evie shoved the crowd and tried to separate the boys, even though spots of dirt were getting her pretty yellow dressed ruined.

"Go away, Gilbert!" Evie pushed the boy away, making the bully, who's name is gilbert, walk away with an angry look on his face, yet about to cry as well. Steve didn't cry though, Evie liked that he didn't. "C'mon let's get that cleaned." she helped him up, as she walked back into the empty elementary school. "Didn't Miss Cathy say that we can only use the water fountain for drinking?" Steve looked at Evie who was cupping water in her hands, "Yeah, I know." She started splashing the water on his fabric and started wiping it with her hands. 

"What's your name" Evie questioned, "Steve Randle." he watched her wiping his clothes. They were now sitting besides the water fountain. The mud wasn't going off, in fact the stain was getting worse. "I'm Evie." before she could open her mouth again to say her last name Randle cut her off with a "I know." making the girl giggle, "C'mon, my dad just bought a new hose in the back of our house, maybe that can rid you off of the mud." She spoke, determined as she ran out of school, grabbing her backpack that she conviently placed her bag just outside of the door of the elementary building.

Steve did the same and ran for his backpack that was all the way in the playground. He then went back to the girl who grabbed his wrist and the two started walking their way back home. 
Evie's parents were home in that time, and she immediately dropped her bag before spraying Steve with a Hose. The two giggled as they played around with it. The simple things like that was already fun for them.

Another time was on a different month on a wednesday, Evie didn't get to pack her lunch and she went outside of the building crying. The greaser saw this and followed her.

"What's wrong?" he questioned before sitting besides her, "I don't- I don't have food." she was sniffing. Randle then pulled out a wrapper of biscuit and cut it while it's still in the plastic. He then opened the and gave one piece to her. "Here." her frown slowly faded into a smile, "Thanks." she gave a grateful joyful smile and started eating the snack. "What did you write in the activity earlier?" The boy questioned, turning his head to the girl, he spoke as he munched his snack. 

"I wrote that I want to own a flower shop." Evie answered, "You do?" Steve responded, "Yeah, I want to make my own flower shop and then I'll go ahead and sell pretty flowers." Evie enthusiastically told the boy. "I'll sell all sorts of flowers." Evie proceeded to express her imaginations. "What do you want to be Stevie?" Evie then retorted the question. Steve then tried to recall what he put in the activity they did earlier. "Hm, well I wanna be an actor." Steve also stated.

"Wow! I can't wait to see you in movies, Stevie!" Evie cheered for her friend, "Yeah, I can't wait!" Steve commented, "I'll get a big house, and move to the city, then I'll throw good parties." The brunette boy continued expressing, "Will you invite me?" Evie looked at Randle, "Of course I will Eves! I'll invite you in every movie, in every party." he proceeded to explain. 

This memory just faded away in both of the couple's head, however the history of it will always remain the same, and that it always happened. And that it's what made them what they are today.

"𝐖𝐎𝐖 𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐘𝐁𝐎𝐘, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄." Y/n placed down her cards, defeat. Soda placed his cards down too, "Yeah thats my brother." he grabbed his brother and started ruffling his head, "Ow." the brunette boy softly muttered before Soda let him go. Making Ponyboy look at Steve, "What did you get?" Ponyboy moved closer to the boy, Steve placed his cards, with a cocky smile, "It says you lost!" Ponyboy pointed at the cards.

"It's not included, smartass! If you'd explain it properly I wouldn't have lost!" he stated, Soda and Y/n just laughed the two. "Well, eitherway you go get my kite." He stood up, urging everyne to stand up to and walk outside of the household and looked at the tree behind their home to see the kite, still there despite the breeze moving it from time to time.

"I didn't know the tree would be that high." Y/n muttered, "It's easy." the brunette greaser boy cockily stated before quickly jumping on the tree, using every limb of his body to carry himself up the tree. He was going at a quick pace as he continued climbing the tree. 

"Be careful will you?" Y/n yelled, making the boy stopped in his tracks and try looking down, "I'm a professional." he shouted back before slowing down when he got near the area on where the kite was stuck. He noticed there weren't anymore spots that was stable enough for him to step on anymore as the higher the tree got, the thinner and smaller the branches got.

He reached out a single hand trying to grab the tiny string that was fortunately still attached to the kite. He heard a crack which made him hold back to the branch he was on, quickly, hugging it tightly. He took a few seconds before once again trying to reach out of the string however. He got too far and didn't get to hold hard enough to the branch and fell, though he caught himself in several branches before falling on the ground.

The trio ran towards him as he groaned, "Now we're even." Y/n laughed at Randle, "Shutup." he groaned as Soda offered his hand out for Steve to take, "You okay bud?" Sodapop questioned as he helped his friend up. "He looks, alive, I think he's fine." Y/n chuckled once again, Steve looked at Y/n again, "Shutup smartass." he added, the S/n girl just continued laughing at him. "C'mon." Soda stated, as everyone went back to the household and back to Soda and Pony's room. 

As soon as they got in, it started to rain, "Well, sucks for your kite." Y/n was looking out of the window at the tree where Randle fell from, Pony was besides Y/n, looking out of the window, "Guess I have to wait for another 4 years later." he joked before walking out of the room. Y/n laughed and sat on the end of the bed where Steve was lying down. Just like the soc girl who got a wound from falling down the tree, he also got a wound on his arms, caused by the brands he tried to hold on before finally falling from a low branch to the ground.

Soda went ahead to find some bandaids, leaving a basin with water in it that has translucent red blood. Y/n knelt down the grab the cloth floating in the water in the basin and squeeze water out of it, making it damp as she carefully dabbed it all over his arms. "Even steven?" Y/n quietly laughed again. "Could've used the door." the h/c haired girl mocked at him, the same words he said when she fell down as well, "That's my line." Steve stated. It was quiet before the h/c haired girl started laughing again. 

"Ouch." Steve moved, "Stop moving, It wouldn't." Y/n struggled as he moved around, "You're the one dabbing it deep." Steve continued struggling, "Deep?" Y/n continued, "Ouch." he pulled away.

Y/n looked at him with a tired face, "Fine." she scoffed and lightly threw the cloth back on the basin and sat on the railing near the edge of the bed, while Randle leaned on the headboard of the bed. It was quiet, and Y/n had her arms crossed, annoyed. Meanwhile Randle just looked at her and started laughing, "What's so funny?" Y/n had a sour face, Steve just laughed. "You get so annoyed so easily." he responded, "Yeah, it's saved up for you." she let out a laugh, "I'm not always annoyed, I just look super super annoyed, you know that?" Y/n fixed her position, the greaser boy laughed again. 

Then later on the two kept talking, however with the weather condition it was enough to drift the two to sleep. Making the brothers peak at their room to see Y/n sleeping at the edge of the bed, and Randle on the other side. Dallas was behind and had a cocky smile before scoffing and walking off. Making the two brothers walk away as well and come back later when they're going to sleep.