𝘶𝘯𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘺

𝐘/𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐓, like it was just yesterday. She was a middle schooler and her family invited her to a film showing to a friend they have. She was walking around when her parents didn't get to hold her hand which made her look into room to room of the house.

The house was filled with laughters, and celebration about the film of course. Y/n looked at a filming camera that was large. She was tempted to touch it to see what is was about, however a voice cut her off. "That's a filming camera, used for films." she looked up to see an old man with white hair, his voice was hoarse and soft spoken as he gave a sweet smile to the girl.

He knelt down and grabbed the camera to show her how it works, "You try looking through it." he offered the camera as the girl carefully take it and looking through the camera's lenses. "Have you ever seen films?" the sweet man questioned, "No, mommy said that she wants me to stay away from it." the young Y/n looked at the old man, "Ah, well it's understandable. Barb is overprotective that you might get influenced. But come here." he stood up and he started to grab a tape of film from the shelf.

"Here, go ask your uncle if he can open his projector so you can watch this while we all celebrate okay? And tell me how the movie is." he smiled and handed her the tape. She held it with both of her small hands and nodded enthusiastically before running out of the rooom to ask her uncle to watch a movie while they celebrate all night. 

What she didn't know is that this became a routine when she became a freshmen highschool. She tend to visit the oldman, his name is Hans, and he was a kind supportive old man. He was byfar the only person who she looked up to as a grandparent figure since she never met her grandparents.

Hans was a director, a succesful one, but she never attended the same parties as him anymore as her parents tried their best staying away from the filming industry, she never knew why. "Hans!" Y/n held the straps of her bag as she peaked at the windows of the humble home of the old man. 

He opened the door and saw the girl which made him smile, "Hello, dear, what- what brings you here?" he sofly questioned once again, "Came to borrow a film?" he added, "You know me, Hans." Y/n chuckled before she went in and he led her to his film room, grabbing few tapes and handing it out to the girl. "Thanks Han, I'll try to give it by the end of the month, School has been so busy." she looked at the circular tape with a smile before putting it in her backpack carefully. 

"It's no problem, you can keep it as well." Hans offered, "No, no it's fine my mom would kill me if she'd see this around the house." Y/n frowned and insisted. Hans just chuckled in response, Y/n then zipped her bag close before looking back at her old friend, "Hey, Hans, I wrote a letter to the principal asking if I could make a play? You know as a celebration for end of the school, and he'd allowed it he says as long as I am able to pass the deadline. And as early as now I just wanna make a script for my play. Can you help me?" Y/n questioned.

"I'd be more than happy to." Hans chuckled before walking out of the room and going to the living room where he had a vintage desk with a typewriter, he pulled out the chair and waited for her to come in the room. "I can't write in those." Y/n frowned, "It's fragile." Y/n added, Hans just chuckled at the girl, "How would you write then?" Hans questioned, "Pen, paper. I've got it here in my bag." the soc girl took off her backpack and then grabbed a notebook and pen. She started flipping the pages of the notebook and then showing it to Hans. "It's just hte plot I manage to draft out." she was nervous as she didn't know how he would react, being he is experienced and a professional director.

"Hand it here." Hans grabbed his glasses as one hand reach for the notebook. He slowly walked towards a sofa as Y/n followed from behind. And once he sat on the couch he started quietly reading it. Y/n sat on the couch near and waited patiently for Hans. He read it for hours, just like how long it took Y/n to write everything down.

This was the day she became an apprentice to Hans. Everyday of that school year she would go to his house, and write a script with him. He'd correct the grammar, criticize dull scenes and make it more interesting, and every advice ever that she'll need.

He used all of his knowledge based on his experience just to help and support this girl, and she would enjoy these days. And when the day came, Hans and a couple of other director friends sat down to watch this amatuer high school play. 

As soon as it was done and Y/n bowed to the stage, the old man stood up clapping proud. As the whole audience clapped and cheered for the whole team on being able to produce the play, Y/n kept her eyes at Hans, feeling proud on his joy, and if only she could pause the moment, she would, because the next day when she knocked on his door, nobody replied.

"It's okay dear, cry it out." he mother rubbed the soc's shoulders as she wiped her tears as she looked at his dead body in the open coffin. Hans was dead, and she was the one who found him sleeping peacefully, "It's okay, N/n, he's in a better place now." her dad added as he softly spoke to her. The parents only found out recently that ever since the day she has met Hans, she would visit him to borrow films to watch.

"I know dad." Y/n kept sobbing before finally hugging her father, "I need air." the H/c haired girl stated, making her dad look at her mom, giving him a nod. Her father let go of her as she walked out of the house and continued wiping her tears with a hankerchief.

Once she got out she saw a middle age man smoking out and looked at her, "Out for air too?" he questioned, making the teenager look at him and nod, "Yeah." she sniffed, "You're the kid Hans talks about. He says you're talented." the man stated, "Really?" Y/n looked at him, surprised that Hans talked about her. "Yes, he does, he says you have natural skills in directing. Especially with your play yesterday." He had a somber smile at the thought of Hans.

"I wasn't there to watch it, but I'll look forward for your next play." he continued, he felt bad for the girl that she ahd to experience all of this, so he thought he might cheer her up by visiting her plays. Y/n in the meantime never planned to make another play, she thought she was only going to make one, and that was the one held yesterday, however this man's words made her feel hopeful again.

"You would?" Y/n's face brighten up a little bit, "Yes, and I'll invite some friends to, and you never know, we might take talented people  from your team, including you." the man had another somber smile again, Y/n couldn't tell it but she could feel. The S/n girl smile and nodded, "Yeah, that'll do." she smiled at the man. He nodded and grinned at her, "I'm Vincent Clarke." he introduced himself before throwing the cigarette on his foot and started stomping on it lightly before walking back to the house, fixing his suit.

Y/n was surprised as Vincent Clarke was another well known directors. She smiled at this opportunity and offer, though in the back of her head she was still upset with the death of her friend Hans, and that he'll never see her plays ever again.

"𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓! 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐀 𝐖𝐑𝐀𝐏" Y/n had a single clap. She stopped thinking about her past and Hans and stood up, Practice is finally done. A lot of the actors hopped down the stage, or took the stairs, or went backstage. Steve didn't do any different and hopped down the stage and ran towards Y/n.

Steve had his goofy grin again, excited as he looked at Y/n who smiled back at him, "Let's go home." Y/n spoke, Steve just grabbed his bags and went out.