The crush?

After a while of doing work nonstop and the sun going down Anne closes her book.

"Do you want to take a break?" Anne said as she lay her head on her bed.

"Oh my gosh yes please."

They both start giggling and Julie lays down right next to Anne.

"You know I've been thinking of something and I want to know your opinion on it," Julie says

"Oh yeah hit me with it," Anne says trying her best not to sound nervous.

"So... I've been thinking about breaking up with Hunter." She finally says

"Oh-" Anne did not expect that she expected almost any other thing in the universe but that. "May I ask why?"

"Well, I just- I dunno I've never really liked him I've only been dating him because my parents like him," she says hesitantly almost as if this was the first time she had let it out.

"Julie... I had no idea-" Anne put her hand on Julie's shoulder. "I want you to be happy, okay? Try not to think about your parents' opinions, try to think about what YOU want.."

Julie puts her hand on top of Anne's hand.

"Yeah I've been trying to do that lately...to think about what I truly want in someone," she says

"Well, what do you want?" Anne didn't think about what she was saying; it just felt natural to ask.

"Well..." she looked deep into Anne's eyes. "I want someone who listens, someone who can laugh with me and understand me even when the whole world just wants to see the surface of me." Their hands are intertwined at this point.

They stare into each other's eyes for a moment completely ignoring everything surrounding them.

"So um yeah we should um" Julie clears her throat before speaking "we should finish up the project."

"Oh yeah for sure."

They both sit back up and start sitting together in silence as they start working on the project again.

The atmosphere was extremely thick, everything felt so very dense and not to mention the unbearable awkwardness.

Despite everything, Anne couldn't help but feel warm inside. She felt as if when she was younger again when she would have a crush on average-looking boys. But Julie was different; she was kind, pretty, and a girl.

Could it be possible that Anne was crushing on Julie?

'Maybe it's all in my head' Anne thought to herself.