ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ

ˏ 𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧 ˎ

Something cold draped over your forehead, making you flinch and open your eyes. An unfamiliar ceiling greeted you, it was not the infirmary or hospital, it looked more like a place that someone lives in, the blankets covering your form were personalised ones instead of the usual white sheets. There was a work table not too far away, the desk was organised and clean, books and papers stacked up neatly, the soft desk light serving as the only light source in the dim room.

Turning your head, you than met the familiar pair of eyes. His gaze was fixed on you as he was just retracting his hand from you, his usual glasses were absent from his face and his blond hair was not tidied like it regularly is.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Nanami spoked lightly.

"Nanami-san," you tried to get up despite your throbbing head, causing the towel soaked in cold water on your head to fall off, then a hand placed on your back to support you.

Nanami placed a pillow behind your back so you could sit better, then handed a glass of water to you, "drink some water," he then pressed the glass of water against your lips, persuading you to drink yet not giving you a choice.

As the cool water was soaking your lips, you couldn't even let out a sigh as you gave him a look of disapproval. You gave it a small sip before taking it from his hands and drinking the cup of water yourself. As you gulped down the water, you started to feel a sting on your abdomen, which caused you to narrow your eyes a little.

"Ieiri already bandaged your wounds," Nanami said as he took the empty cup from your hand. "do you need anything else?"

"No, not really," you slumped into the soft mattress, but jerking up again hurriedly, "sorry, I didn't stain your bedsheets with my blood, right?" You chucked nervously as you spun your head around.

"No," he let out a long sigh, pushing you back by your shoulder gently until your form met the soft pillow, "you shouldn't be worrying about that."

"Sorry," you rubbed your throbbing head with exhaustion, "what exactly happened, and why am I here anyway? just to suffer?"

"You passed out from blood loss," he said as he pulled the blanket that fell off you to cover your form again, "Yoshino-kun phoned the faculty and Ieiri-san gave you an emergency treatment to stop the bleeding," he continued, "Ieiri-san was unable to take care of you, so I volunteered."

"Don't you have work?" You interjected and asked, "I can take care of myself, you know, you don't have to treat me like a kid."

"I asked for a day off," he reassured you, grabbing your face gently and turning your head to face him, "don't move."

You blinked in surprise, but shut your eyes again and almost flinched as he wiped your face with the damped towel. The cloth rubbed over your face with care, cleaning off the sweat that was making your face feel sticky. Cracking an eye open, you almost jumped when you found that his face was just inches away from yours, his brows furrowed together as he brushed the cloth over your skin thoroughly.

Before you could stutter out any words, he moved back to soak the towel in water, twisting it to squeeze the water out. Slumping back, you give him a small pout which he ignored. Turning around to his desk, he picked up a pen and started writing on the paper that lay there.

"Didn't you just say that you asked for a day off?" You raised a brow at his back.

"I still need to finish some work," he said plainly, the noise of his pen scribbling reverberated in the room.