ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

Note: The ocs in this chapter belongs to Nire and Soujin! Thank you for sacrificing your children to me, I enjoyed the meal <3

"One minute left until the event starts!" Gojo's voice echoed in the forest, everyone straightened up upon hearing it, "now let us hear some lovely words of encouragements from Utahime-sensei!"

You squished yourself behind Panda, wishing that no one could read your expression that way. You already knew that the higher-ups were planning to get rid of you in this event, but you didn't want them to get injured because of your issues, which is why you had decided to not tell them anything about it. Since they already speculated that Todo would try to take on all of you at once, they had planned to slip into two groups and let Itadori take on Todo by himself. It would be easier for you to accidentally 'get lost' and deal with them on your own when that happens.

"Itadori-kun," you called out to him softly, "be careful, don't push yourself, alright?"

"Yeah," he grinned back, smiling as bright as usual, "I'm going to win!"

"That's not what I asked," you deadpanned but didn't say anything else knowing that he would most likely just give a similar answer again.

Something wet and cool suddenly nudged your hand, making you jolt up in surprise. You turned your head to see Fushiguro's divine dog wagging its tail at you. You then looked towards him, which he turned his head away and refused to look at you.

"Start!" Gojo's booming voice cut Utahime off without a warning before their voices were entirely cut off.

Without wasting another second, you all started sprinting deeper into the forest. Fushiguro's divine dog seemed to be in high spirits as it barked at you as if you were playing a game with it, so you smiled at rubbed its head. Though Fushiguro scolded it lightly from behind you, making it let out a small whine as it ran ahead.

Within a short time, a cursed spirit came into your sight.

"It's a grade three!" Panda yelled while Maki prepared to attack.

Fushiguro's dog halted in wariness, catching Fushiguro's attention almost immediately, "Senpai! Stop!"

Just as his sentence ended, the trees within your sight were crushed, "Good!" Todo's voice blasted into your eardrums, "everyone is here!" A wide grin spread across his face as his voice boomed again, "let's have everyone come at me all at once!"

Before he could do anything, Itadori leapt towards him and kneed his face. It happened within seconds, even Todo didn't have a chance to react.

"Nice one!" You called out as you all split up into smaller groups.

Unfortunately, you got paired up with Fushiguro and Maki while Junpei was with Panda and the rest. You were a bit surprised when he didn't protest about it when they had decided to have you in the same group as him. Not that you mind or something...actually maybe a little, at least he has a dog and it seemed to like you for some reason.

You couldn't explain it, but a bad feeling was settling in your stomach for some reason, "are you sure that Itadori-kun will be fine on his own?" You asked out loud.

As if hearing your concerns, the black dog stopped on its tracks and barked. You all halted as Fushiguro went over to check on him. The sudden frown on his face made you tense up.

"Something's not right," Fushiguro said and he looked back to the two of you, "the Kyoto students are all heading towards Itadori's direction."

"All of them?" You asked in disbelief, the hair at the back of your neck stood up as you asked for confirmation, "are you sure?"