ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

Trigger Warning: Blood

The shadows of the trees cast on the ground, swaying as the wind blew. Sometimes you found them scarier than the cursed spirits you've encountered, human's imagination is the scariest after all, but there was no time to think too much. You sprinted at a speed you thought was never possible, yet the road seemed longer than you remembered, stretching and stretching as if there wasn't an ending to it. The thumping of your heart kept accelerating each step you took, and you knew it very clear that it wasn't from all the exercise you were doing.

At some point, you almost thought that you missed his building since it's very dark, so you considered running back to check, though your gut feeling told you to keep running forward, and you had nothing to trust besides it.

You had no other choice but to press on.

At last, you felt the familiar presence, spiced up with the presence of another spirit. You were really close, now you just need to calm down and remember which floor does Junpei live in. You looked up, there was a room with lights on, and it was exactly where his apartment was located at.

Who needs the elevator when you can just climb up from the water pipes? So you did exactly that and flung yourself into his apartment, breaking his window in the process. You were just in time to see the loathsome cursed spirit devouring Junpei's mother.

"Let go of her!" You roared, lunging at it and stabbing it with your blade. To your surprise, it seemed to have frightened it and made it drop her on the floor and shriek.

"What's going on?!" A panicked voice called out, it must be Junpei after hearing all the commotion in his living room.

"Stay back!" You yelled back, not flinching even a little bit when it bit into your arms.

Junpei could only watch in terror as you wrestled with the hideous monster, tearing it apart as it tore your form with its claws. Blood splattering across the floor, it was hard to tell if it was its blood or yours. Even though it was a fierce fight, you did everything to make sure that it couldn't lay a single finger on Junpei or his mother, almost like a wolf defending its family. However, if this keeps up, you're going to be worn off and there would be no way to protect them anymore. Having no other choice, you grabbed the cup of water on the table and splashed it across its face.

"Ha! Gotcha!" You grinned as it shrilled in shock. Junpei would most likely facepalm if it's not for the situation you both are in now.

It seemed to anger it even further, letting out a screech as it jabbed its claw into your arm, causing you to hiss in pain.

Junpei called out in panic as he took a step towards you, "(Name)-"

"Don't!" You shouted, making him freeze in place. Although the situation seemed like it was getting worse, you didn't waver and only stare at the water that are seeping in from its eyes and mouth.

Suddenly, the cursed spirit stopped. Then it screeched and frantically scratched its body as if trying to get something out. Seeing that, you paid no more attention to it and rushed over to Junpei's mother. You sighed in relief when you could feel her heart still beating, she only had a few visible wounds and they don't seem lethal. Then you took out your phone to make a call.

"Hello? This is (name)," you started speaking as soon as someone picked up, resisting nausea that was starting to build up in your stomach, "I have found Sukuna's finger here, there is one injured person, please send someone over as soon as possible."

"(Name)-San!" Junpei called out as he saw the cursed spirit pouncing at you, giving himself no time to think as he jumped between to shield you from it. Though before it could even get close to him, it exploded into pieces.