ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

The voice echoed in the deserted place, making you jump up to your feet with alertness. You snapped your head towards the direction of the speaker, finding an all too familiar face sitting on a pile of bones.

"You know what? I want to go to hell instead," You groaned loudly and flopped back into the waters.

"Oi," the smirk on Sukuna's face turned upside down as he growled, "do you know who you're talking to?"

"Well do you know that I'm not dumb?" You retorted, already losing your patience, "how do I get back then?"

Upon hearing it, he howled in laughter, "get back?" he leaned back, placing his cheek on his hand, "you can't get back anymore."

"...What?" You sat back up, staring at him in confusion.

"You're already dead," he grinned at your expression, "your soul is preserved because of that low-grade curse's domain."

Low-grade? You didn't even want to bother arguing with him. You quickly speculated that either your soul was accidentally connected to his domain or he preserved it on purpose, which means that he had a reason not to kill you.

You then let out a huff and rolled your head back, "this is worse than hell."

You didn't feel any shock when you heard his words. After all, it would be a miracle if that didn't kill you. You were mostly just glad that you didn't turn into a cursed spirit at the very end of it, it'd be a disaster for everyone out there if that was to happen. Though a part of you was still bothered that your letters might be read, the thought made a small sense of uneasiness settle in your stomach.

"You should feel honoured that you get to see me," Sukuna clicked his tongue in displeasure.

"Nope," you rolled your eyes and scoffed, "this is probably the worst thing that could happen."

"I will give you one last chance to obey me," he was starting to get fed up by your attitude, getting up from the piles of bones and stepping down towards you.

"Why should I?" You kept your eyes on him as he got closer and closer.

"I have the power to revive you," he stated, crossing his arms as he glared down at you.

"No thank you," you hissed, kicking water at him as a way to make him back off, "you are going to make me sign those nasty contract thing or something aren't you?"

Without a warning, he kicked you in the stomach, "know your place, brat, I can kill you right now," he lifted you by your collar, looking you straight in your eyes as if trying to search for traces of fear.

Yet, there wasn't any.

"Go ahead," you provoked him, staring right back into his eyes without breaking your gaze, "kill me."

"It won't be a quick death," he growled, wrapping his fingers around your throat, digging his sharp nails into your throat.

"Good," you grinned at his irritated look, "make it hurt as much as possible," you were smiling, but there wasn't any warmth in your smile. The look in your eyes almost resembled a predator glaring at its prey, "I'll come back as a vengeful spirit, and I will haunt you until the end of time."

For the first time, Sukuna felt puzzled. He had seen how you interacted with others, it was far from different from now. He didn't understand. The way you treated him was as if he was lower than those human scums. The thought made him frown, tightening his fingers around your throat unconsciously, only realising it when you dug your nails into his arm.

"Tch," he threw you off, letting you hit the waters below and gasped for air, "why?" He suddenly asked, not being able to contain his curiosity anymore.