ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

ˏ 𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓋒 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏲 𓏧 ˎ

You had a really long dream. You didn't remember anything about it, but you knew that it was a pleasant one, you didn't want to wake up at all. Though your aching muscles forced you to open your eyes, wincing at the sunlight that glared through the curtains. It seemed like Ieiri had already healed your wounds, you couldn't feel the pain on your shoulder anymore, only the dull aches of your sore muscles bothered you.

"Takana?" You jolted up when a hoarse voice ran for next to you, turning your head to find a pair of worried violet eyes staring back at you, shimmering like a crystal in the light.

"Good morning, Inumaki-kun," you reached your hand up tiredly to pat his head, though you were surprised that he didn't make any attempt to move away.

Looking down, he took out his phone to type something, though he briskly deleted all of them before looking back at you with a small frown. He opened his mouth to speak but ended up letting out a series of coughs before he could get any word out.

"You shouldn't talk," you shot up almost immediately, wincing at your aching muscles, "where's the water, I'll get some for you."

You were pushed back into the mattress lightly before you could make any other move. Inumaki's eyes met yours, reassuring you that he is fine wordlessly. He then held your cold hands with his warm ones, not breaking his gaze as he opened his mouth again.

"(Name)," he spoke softly, yet it felt like his voice could crack at any given moment, "I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything wrong," you patted his head gently and leaned back into the mattress, "don't you have a phone? You really shouldn't use your voice right now."

He then shook his head firmly, averting his gaze again to stare at his phone.

"How are the others?" You suddenly remembered the special grade curse that attacked everyone and asked nervously, "Is everyone alright?"

His fingers moved rapidly across the screen of his phone, typing words in before showing his screen to you, still refusing to meet your eyes.

'The injuries they had aren't serious, everyone had already been healed by Ieiri. Gojo later came in to eliminate the curse, and they had caught a jujutsushi that is working with the curses.'

"That's good to hear," you let out a sigh of relief, then silence fell upon the room once again.

All you could do was fiddle with your blanket while he stared blankly at the screen, tapping his finger on it as if waiting for something to happen. You glanced at him, finding a hint of frustration on his usually calm expression. Looking at the door, you wished that someone would come in to break the silence, it doesn't matter who. You thought you could just leave, but you didn't want Inumaki to be upset by it, so you decided against it.

Not being able to stay quiet anymore, you laughed awkwardly, "uh, how did I survive anyway?"

He sighed and gave you a small pout before moving his fingers swiftly again.

'You could've-'

Before you could read the full sentence, he retracted it and quickly deleted what he had just typed, pausing for a moment before typing a new one.

'You passed out from blood loss. Ieiri said that the device that is supposed to restrict your cursed energy is damaged, which is why it wasn't working properly.'

You tried to recollect any memories of accidents that may have caused harm to your chocker, but in the end, you couldn't come up with any ideas. You swore that you had protected it carefully, you even made sure to dry it whenever it gets wet. Though a name popped up in your head.