[𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝]

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

You had been staring at the fishbowl and humming a soft tune, the sounds of your mother cleaning the dishes seemed to be chiming in with you, adding a few more notes to your music. There were two fishes inside the bowl, one of them was black while the other one was white. Their iridescent scales shimmered in the sunlight, reflecting the thousands of colours that can only be seen when the sunlight was just right. It was not hard to guess the reason why you choose them, you just never admitted it.

"I had already fed them," the sound of running water stopped as your mother called out from the kitchen.

"I know," you voiced out loudly, tapping on the glass wall of the fishbowl gently.

Instead of recoiling from the sudden noise, they swam closer to you as if answering your calls. You then dipped the top on your finger into the water, letting out a small giggle as they nibbled on your finger. You remembered when you first got them, you merely put them in a flower vase. Luckily, you quickly realised that it was way too small for them when you randomly came across a book about taking care of fish.

With great urgency, you gathered everything you needed in one day and rushed back home, apologizing to them sincerely for the whole day even though you didn't think that they understood you. Though they seemed to be more lively after getting a bigger tank and a few water plants, it always makes your day when you got home from an exhausting day of school and see them chasing each other around playfully.

A knock was heard from the window of your balcony, your smile widened when you saw two familiar figures staring back at you.

"Satoru! Suguru!" You waved a grinned at them, it had been a while since you hung out with them.

Your mother then stomped towards them and slammed the window open, "Boys! How many times do I need to tell you that this is very dangerous?"

"Whatever-"

"We're really sorry," Suguru smiled covered Satoru's mouth to prevent him from saying anything.

She only sighed and shook her head, pulling them in and shutting the door behind them, "don't do that next time," she then smiled, "do you two want something to drink?"

"Yeah," Satoru started fumbling around your fridge without her permission, "hmph, there isn't anything good here."

"Satoru, don't be rude," Suguru scolded him and shot your mother an apologetic smile.

"It's alright," she merely laughed and pulled out two chairs for them, "would you like to sit for a while before you go?" She then winked at them, "(name) had been really excited today."

"Is that so?" Suguru's lips tugged upwards into a teasing smile, his looks almost resembled a sly fox.

"Not really," you mumbled as you stared back at your tank, the fishes stared back curiously.

Seeing this, your mother giggled, "I wonder why would you choose-"

"I'll get drinks for you both," you shot up with a flushed face and rushed into the kitchen, bumping into Satoru in the process and earning a chuckle from Suguru.

You then slammed two empty cups on the table before your mother could open her mouth again, shooting her an evil eye before crossing your arms with a huff.

"Didn't you say you'll get us drinks?" Suguru let out a small laugh as he picked up the glass, "I don't see anything in here."

You then stuck out your tongue at him as you grabbed some candies and a bottle of sugar for Satoru, "go get it yourself."