Training

I looked at Hawks unsure what to do next since there was basically nothing in this training ground at all.

Was I supposed to fight him?

I don't know?

Was I supposed to stretch and show my ability?

I don't know!

What was I supposed to do?

I don't have a clue at all.

Me: Sooo.....

Hawks: Don't look at me like that. I don't even know what we are supposed to do.

Me: Hm?

Hawks: I was called in just like you?

Me: You mean a code?

Hawks: What?

Me: We shadows never communicate with the headquarters at all. It is just too risky to expose our connection.

Hawks: Wait what?

Me: Yeah. Anyway how about a duel?

Hawks: No no no. You explain first.

Me: How about I'll answer any questions you have and I mean any if you beat me.

Hawks: Even your real name?

Me: Sure. Anything you want.

Hawks: Deal.

Me: So with or without quirk use?

Hawks: With.

Me: Okay but let me warn you that mine is literally a nightmare.

Hawks: Hahaha try me.

Me: You've been warned.

Just like that we both went to the middle of the room. Since I knew my abilities and also was fairly confident in them, I decided I'll give Hawks some advantages and let him attack me first.

While I was thinking that I saw getting up into the air and fly down at me pretty fast.

Me: Good speed but not enough. Your left wing is a bit out of sink otherwise you could be a lot faster.

I said that while I jumped to the side so that he couldn't grab me at all instead I decided to play a bit with him and test my agility. After I got hurt and healed, I was training regularly to get back in shape and this was a good test to see if my reflexes suffered any damages.

Hawks: Huh?

Before he could get away from me in time from I decided to grab a feather and pluck it.

Hawks: What the-

After that I jumped back seeing the hero completely in shock and threw it right at him. Of course that didn't do anything besides leaving my hand bleeding thanks to the sharp edges of the feather but it was enough of a distraction to start running at him while side stepping and dudging out of his view point.

I still have it in me!

Good that I could recover completely or this would have ended bad for me!

Not that I could continue being a shadow without my insanely sharp intuition as well as my quick thinking and my body movements....

Still I feel a bit rusty...

I think I will feel the jump tomorrow...

Jup so will feel sore tomorrow.

Now that I was behind the heroes back I grabbed the daggers around my waist and was about to use them as distraction. Once again I just wanted him to be focused on things coming close to him so that I can get to him and touch the chicken.

My quirk nightmare was... Well it was most effective if he was touching me and looking into my eyes. This was the only way he would completely feel the nightmare my quirk was creating out of the deepest fear he had. I never knew what the fear was or what the people see and experience but I could see the terror in their eyes. It was the last resort I always use when there was no way out. Needless to say that I could also affect people just with a ln eye contact but it wouldn't be that effective.

I once tried using it on my own but it didn't work and all I could see was the green in my eyes starting to glow and having this red circle around my pupils.

Should I use my quirk on that chicken or not?

I wonder?

...

Better not!

He was trained since he was young and he is also part of the hero commission.

This will end more than just bad for him.

At first I wanted to use my quirk on him but on second thought I would rather not do it since I knew very well how cruel the hero commission was. He must have been through a lot just like me.  That was the reason I also just went ahead and got to him pretty quickly and then took out the small knife I had and had it right around his neck.

Me: Gotcha birdy.

Hawks: ... You're good.

Me: Thanks.

Hawks: Tell me what's your quirk. Is it speed?

Me: No. I can create an illusion as a nightmare for a specific person.

Hawks: WAIT! You didn't use your quirk?

Me: Nope.

Hawks: But... HOW?! I went full out on ya.

Me: You are to careless...

Hawks: I want a rematch!

Me: Sure.

We did a rematch and a rematch of the rematch and it always ended up same. I won, Hawks lost. There was this one time, I got him on the ground because I grabbed his leg before he could take of correctly and just forced him down. Then the other time I had him basically thrown against the next wall cause I kicked him while he came flying towards me.

Hawks: Okay, I'll admit it, you are good.

Me: Thanks.

The funny thing was, that I wasn't even sweating at all. I was still perfectly fine to go on but Hawks didn't look quite well to me.

Me: You should check out the infirmary.

Hawks: Nah! It fine, just need some chicken. You wanna come with me?

Me: No thanks.

Just like that I turned around and didn't even wait for the hero since I knew damn well that he would stop me from going to the night market. Still even tho I was about to leave him be, he used his speed and came right to my side.

Hawks: Where you going?

Me: Out.

Hawks: Shouldn't you go back to Endeavor?

Me: No. I am a shadow.

That was the moment I stopped and looked at Hawks. I really didn't need anyone following me and so I looked at him to make this point clear.

Me: You know I am working in the dark and behind a heroes back! So... I am gonna do just that. You wanna stop me or something?

Hawks: ... No... I just think I could help you out.

Me: How? Everyone knows you as the chicken in the sky with your vibrant vermilion red wings.

Hawks: ....

Me: So, can I go now and do my job?

Hawks: Kid, you are in Japan now! Things are different here.

Me: Villains are villains. That doesn't change no matter where we are!

That was all I said before I decided to run und use my skills in hiding to get away from the hero. This was just getting annoying. I knew they meant it well but they couldn't change who I was.