The invite

I sat there in the office with Endeavor the whole day since he didn't had any patrolling to do. It was honestly pretty boring just sitting there in the vent and watch him do his papers. Well it was needed and I knew that much but I still hated paper work.

It was only when it was starting to get dark that I went out of the agency without Endeavor knowing it. Today was the day I had to report to the Hero agency.

Earlier this day I got a message to come in. Every shadow carried this little thing with them which would make some vibrations depending on the code send to us.

Long long short long short short.

That was the hero agency's code for homebase. It was basically an invite over to see them and check in. However since it was only one day that I was in this country I was a bit confused as of why they would call me over. It wasn't as if I went out to the night market or the underground and got exposed.

I hope they behave!

I also can't get Endeavor into any trouble because of myself...

I need to act at the best of my ability.

My will was set the moment I got to the building. Just one step in and I was met with Hawks who looked as if he already expected someone. Besides that chicken there was another person and it was the damn driver that could shut his mouth.

Please don't be him!

Please!

.
.
.

Of course it's him!

The moment this guy saw me he called me over using my nickname as ghost. That was also the how the hero commission in America used to call me, not only my old hero.

Hawks: Wait that's the kid?

HC: Yup.

I went over and I could tell that Hawks wasn't pleased, he seemed skeptical but at the same time angry for some reason. The HC (Hero commission) guy looked pleased by the reaction which I thought wasn't fitting at all.

Me: Ghost here to report.

HC: Good. Now that we are all here, we can go to the training ground.

It looked as if that man was expecting some kind of answer from us but Hawks was too busy looking me from to down while I didn't simply care at all. The faster this was over the better. I just wanted to get out of this building.

Okay....

If he is here... And we are going to the training ground... Then this is an evaluation of my skill...

As if I needed that...

Well whatever not if this chicken has some chances against me at all.

We both started following thos guy and ot was only now that Hawks came closer to me to talk to me in a way that the hero commission idiot wouldn't hear us.

Hawks: ... For how long are you doing this?

Me: My whole life.

Hawks: ... These bastards!

Me: Pardon?

Hawks: Nothing... If you ever need help tell me.

Me: Thanks for the offer but no thanks.

Hawks: What do you mean?

Me: If I ever need help, I would never turn to a limelight hero that is in the top 10 and needed by soo many people.

Hawks: You are talking as if you are not one of them.

Me: I am considered dead so you not wrong on that.

Hawks: What?

Me: You don't know a thing about shadows... Right?

Hawks: You're wrong. I do know what you guys do but I can't believe you are this young and on the first spot in the ranking system.

Me: ...

Hawks: never mind that. I want you to turn to me or Endeavor if you ever need help.

Me: You sound like him.

Hawks: Oh really?

Me: Yup. Why do you even care? I am not your shadow!

Hawks: You are still a kid!

Me: *Sigh*

It was only by now that we reached the hero commission's training ground. To be honest it was huge and quite different from the training ground I was used to.

HC: Let's skip this okay?

Hawks: You are still an idiot....

HC: Still get that a lot.

Hawks: ...

HC: Anyways... Yada yada yada Hawks train with him.

Me:...

The heck?

Yada yada yada?

What am I even supposed to do?

You want me to fight him?

Why am I even here?

This is getting soo ridiculous...

Hawks: Don't mind him, he's an idiot.

Me: I can see that.

HC: Sure am and a lost cause too.

Why does this person seem way too proud when saying that...

Doesn't he realised that people meant it as an insult or is he just chill and doesn't care?

Wouldn't be the weirdest I've seen so far.

It was the guys last word before leaving the room. He really just called me here to make sure me and Hawks would meet up together and put us in this training ground and that's it? This guy was more than just a bit weird for sure. It was at that moment that I wondered if something was wrong with his brain bit he was still a member of the hero commission which meant that he had to know or at least could do something useful.

Hawks: This guy... I don't get why no one is throwing him out.

So... he really is utterly stupid and useless?

I thought that...

Well Japan is different. I don't have to understand that.