Chapter 27:Now That I'm Unchained

Looking into the mirror, his eyes landed on the Seer mark. It was gold, no longer coal black. For the life of him, he couldn't find it in himself to really care. He was almost a completed assassin now. Overfive months... it had taken a long hard path, but he succeeded. Now all he had to do was complete his challenges and become an official assassin. After which, he'd go back into the wizarding world and destroy the light.

Harry looked at his reflection. He hadn't looked this good for a long time. His pale skin was all but glowing and his spine and ribs no longer stuck out disgustingly. The brilliant green eyes had darkened considerably, due to his lack of contact with his emotions, but they looked harder, more dangerous.

Perhaps, after the war, he could get in touch with his Self again. But he couldn't risk it now. Not now. His eyes lowered to the scar across his stomach and around his side. Emotions had almost cost him his life.

It had been a weekly match between him, and none other than little giant. He'd been four weeks into his training and Keiran was forced to accept the match. But it wouldn't be to the death, his Master had made that clear as he stood between Harry and little giant to begin the duel. Students were surrounding the platform of their match- and that was Harry's downfall.

He had kept his own against the little giant. In fact, he had done splendidly. He had felt Keiran's pride from the sidelines and that's where his arrogance and emotions came in the way. He still remembered the boy who had murmured the words 'little fag' up at him. It had been a boy with dark hair in his face and dark, almost black eyes. Standing in front of the mirror presently, Harry wondered why he had even let that bother him. But he had then. He took the pole he had been handling as his weapon against little giant and threw it in the boy's face.

He remembered the feeling of smugness as he watched the boy from the sidelines go down, blood staining his face. But his emotions had blinded him, and that's when his real opponent, little giant, had thrashed his dagger across his stomach and around his side.

Fingers traced the scar fondly. Without that incident, Harry would have never been able to succeed this quickly. Becoming an assassin would have never been within his grasp as it was now.

But... there was something still there. He could feel it within himself. It churned disgustingly in his stomach, reminding him his Seer wasn't completely gone as it should have been. His mother had wanted him to succeed... but...

Harry brought his fingers up to clutch his hair, pulling at the roots. His body shook and an alien tightening knotted his stomach, almost like a snakes coil.

And his head shot up without his consent. Something was moving his body for him. His fingers dropped from his head on their own accord and he leaned closer into the mirror. And then he saw the source of his problem.

Instead of dim green eyes, crimson took their place. The pupils were split, like a serpent's and they looked at his fading Seer mark...

And then the emotions licked his body like a burning flame.

Anger.

Desperation.

Loss.

"You promised," his mouth parted in snake language, a language he hadn't spoken for over four months. "You lied!"

Around him, the candles flickered and the floor caked over with ice from his raw magic, from their magic they shared together. The mirror trembled and Harry attempted to shake off Voldemort's hold.

His fists rose on their own and slammed themselves into the mirror. Harry gasped, feeling his wrists and hands cut from the glass. Voldemort left him as Harry hit the floor, his head cracking on the ice bellow him. His body shook at the raw emotions and the blood on his hands stained the ice from beneath him. And then he remembered. He remembered himself. How he vowed to Voldemort that he would succeed.