Chapter 14:You Refuse to Life Me

"It's cute," Self grinned crookedly. "I mean, he's trying, isn't he, Harrison?"

Harry scoffed, eyes closed. "Voldemort is trying, yes. But he's still utterly clueless to emotions. I mean, he doesn't understand why I'm against the fact of his turning Longbottom dark." Self hummed, staring intensely at Harry. Even with his eyes closed, he could feel the stare. "What?" He questioned; a slight sneer to his lips. He knew what was coming.

"Have you tried talking to him about it? I mean, you said it yourself; he has absolutely no idea what you feel. Perhaps he's confused about why you feel the way you do for Longbottom." He paused and Harry snapped his eyes open. The soothing colors around them lessened his anxiety.

"Do you think he'll care?" Harry asked; amused. "Longbottom is his Horcrux. It's a piece of his soul. Why would he care if I didn't like that notion?"

"You could at least explain it."

Silence spread between the two.

"I don't understand this ritual" Harry started, blurting out what was on his mind. "I mean, I suppose it all makes sense. Why my father always favored Draco, why Draco was always so stuck up it's because they'll be getting a bit of magic from the Dark Lord-,"

"And vice versa," Self interrupted.

"Yes," Harry agreed, frowning. "So they share magic between each other. I looked up the ritual in Sirius' tome and even asked my father about itit all matches up to what Voldemort said." Self stared at Harry, two twin eyes dueling.

"Hmm," Self hummed; a grin on his face. "Voldemort told you the truth, what's so suspicious about that?"

Voldemort had looked him right in the eye. "I just find itodd. Could you really see the Dark Lord sharing magic?" Harry sighed, glaring at nothing in particular. "I mean, there were no side affects to the ritual. There is no way Draco and the other four can drain his magic and there is no possible way he could drain their magic, or harm them in anyway. So I don't have to worry about Draco getting hurt I just see no reason why Voldemort would want to do this ritual."

"To gain more power of course," Self drawled.

"No," Harry shook his head. "He wouldn't gain any power at all." His voice was soft. "He would have to share it. And that's not like him."

Silence again.

"What are you trying to say, Harry?" Self questioned, raising an eyebrow. "You don't believe Voldemort? Even when you asked him to tell you the truth? Even when he looked you straight in the eye? Tell me, Harry, what would happen if he had lied to you? What if this ritual wasn't really what he's proving it to be? What if he hurt Dracoor worsekilled him?"

Green eyes flashed.

"I would never trust him again."

"You say that now" Self started; a deep frown on his lips. "But when you two get closer, more familiar with one another, you'll find it hard to-,"

"No," Harry interrupted. "I would never trust him again. No matter how much I 'love' him."

Self tisked; brilliant green eyes glowing in amusement and age old wisdom.

Harry opened his eyes, staring at the wall of the empty compartment. He had needed a good meditation. And he needed Self's input and questions. He still didn't trust Voldemort's word on the ritualit just didn't make any sense at all. But for the time being, he would blindly jump with Voldemort and go wherever the man was leading him for the time being.

He pursed his lips, staring out the train window. His father had dropped him off at Kings Cross with a silent Draco trailing behind. After Lucius had wished his sons' a goodbye, Draco had scurried off, looking everywhere but Harry. That didn't bother Harry too much. His brother was a bloody coward. He was used to it.