Chapter 17:Don't Try to Fix Me, I'm Not Broken

"Father."

Lucius Malfoy looked just as proud and sophisticated as he always did, even in a dark cave. The long blond hair was down to his shoulder blades, no snarls present. From the light of their wands, his rings flashed back smartly. Around his neck, a Death Eater mask hung; abandoned. The only problem; he was in a glass box. His face was nothing but a slack expression- almost if he were a stuffed mannequin.

Shouts spread across the cave, some confused, some outraged.

"He's playing with you, Harrison." Snape came up beside him, placing a hesitant hand on his shoulder.

"I knew it!" An Order member shouted in glee, pointing at the Head of the Malfoy family. "He is a Death Eater; nasty, scum, pathetic lot." And then hell broke loose. Mad Eye Moody, whose hand had been twitching all along, struck first. He threw nasty curses and hexes at the Death Eater's, cackling in delight as they went down. The Death Eaters took the defensive, fighting back just as maliciously. All around them, spells were being hurtled and one even brushed past Harry.

The spell burned the side of his neck, but he didn't flinch. His attention was on his father. So lifeless...so... Harry cocked his head to the side, staring at him fully. He was vaguely aware of Voldemort trying to control the lot, his sights set on Mad Eye Moody. The Dark Lord would probably kill the ex-Auror just for the hell of it. What better time to get him than now?

Harry turned toward Snape, who happened to be far away from the break out of duelers. "He's not real. That's not Lucius." The potion master gave him a long look and then studied Lucius. Harry had a bad taste in his mouth. "What if he doesn't even have my father? What if..." he paused, glancing over his shoulder at the large battle behind him. "What if he planned all this? What if he played on my ability to See and planned it all?"

"You think he set this all up in order to gain possession of you?" It was more of an understanding statement than a question.

"Or is he just placing mannequins up, in order to lure me somewhere?" Harry wondered. "To taunt me." Ignoring the fight, Harry continued deeper down the tunnel. He didn't need a bunch of idiots following him, especially if they were like this.

Professor Snape followed at his side. He didn't say anything about leaving the others behind. Harry was more then aware of Snape's dissatisfaction of the fighting wizards. "You're not getting one over on Sirius, Professor?" Harry asked, turning sharply down the tunnel. Snape made a sound of disagreement in his throat, making Harry grin. He could hear some wizards follow after them, afraid of being left outnumbered. As much as they despised Harrison Malfoy, they knew he was someone who could hold up against Lord Voldemort.

Turning to glance over his shoulder, Harry's eye twitched as he saw them still fighting...mobile this time. Mad Eye Moody was spitting angry, his human eye full of rage at seeing Death Eaters walk so freely in front of him. And the curses he shot out weren't exactly light and fuzzy.

Without watching where he was going, the floor seemingly opened up beneath him. "Harrison!" Snape tried lunging for him, but he was too late. Giving a shout, Harry fell down the deep pit, his body spiraling down on a metallic looking slide. Throwing back his head, he watched the floor that had opened so easily, slam with a loud 'bang'. No one had been able to jump after him.

Calming his raging emotions, he allowed the slide to take him to depths below.

-SSC-

They were all cowards. The lot of them.

Snape sneered as they all stepped away from the floor that had just opened abruptly. Silence filtered across the recently noisy tunnel as they all stared stupidly. "Fools," the Dark Lord whispered softly, dangerously. Snape stiffened at the tone, knowing full well that the Dark Lord wanted to Crucio someone.