Chapter 16: I Won't be Lost Again

"Fuck it," Blaise yelled, clutching Harrison's arm. "You can't do this."

Harry raised his eyebrows, a humorless smirk playing across his face. Brilliant green eyes became hooded and mocking as they studied the black wizard clutching at his arm and holding him back. "I never pegged you as the type to curse so vulgarly, Blaise."

He had returned to Hogwarts as soon as he had woken up from his vision. The vision that involved his father and Lord Octavio. It took an hour to argue with Voldemort before he convinced the Dark Lord to let him go. Of course the Dark Lord wanted to keep him chained to the bedposts, but Harry convinced the man that his little eyes around Hogwarts would watch for any more slips in character. And the first thing Harry had done when he came back to Hogwarts was pay Dumbledore a little visit.

"You had no right," Harry stepped out from the shadows. Dumbledore slowly placed down his quill, a small frown playing his lips. "The manipulative ball you used...it's unforgivable." His shoulders where stiff with anger and he had to do all he could to keep his magic from licking and hissing out at Dumbledore.

Dumbledore opened his mouth, no doubt ready to give another manipulative answer. "I'm not going to listen to your excuses-,"

"Yes, I used the manipulative sphere on you, Harrison. I don't deny it." Inside, Harry shuddered, remembering. When he had been under Dumbledore's spell, he had thought Voldemort was an idiot and Neville was his God. All that simpering and ground licking he had done to the Golden Trio... he would get his revenge for the way they treated him. So lowly. So horrible. His stomach felt weak at how he had acted for a better part of a month. He had wasted so much time...

Inside, he was still a wreck over what had happened. Perhaps he should have stayed with the Dark Lord a little longer. But the thought of letting himself rest in the hands of a sexually charged Dark Lord didn't set well with him at the moment.

Nonetheless, his face was an emotionless slate compared to his inner emotions. "Then why do you do things like that?" He saw red. "Do you expect me to even listen to you again? To trust you? Never." His Seer was out, invisibly reaching out to feel Dumbledore's emotions. No one could fake emotions, and Harry got a good feel as to what Dumbledore felt.

Satisfaction, smugness...but there was a hint of guilt.

Albus Dumbledore was a strange man. "Harrison...I told you I wanted you on the light side. You are my student, my responsibility. Yet you are also my enemy and project." Harry refused to flinch at that title. A project. He was a project. "How can you blame me for attempting to bring you over on my side? Yes, it was a gamble, but I took it."

Harry didn't understand why he had even come to confront Dumbledore about such a topic. No doubt Voldemort would disprove. But this was his life, and his actions. A part of him still liked the idea of two Lords fighting over him and his powers. Neville was being fought over, why couldn't he? Despite the fact he was dark, he wanted to be wanted. Call it a childhood scar, but he wouldn't deny feeling that way.

"What do you want me to say, Headmaster?" Harry whispered softly, his eyes cold. "What do you expect me to do after such an act?" A part of him, a part that Self wouldn't let him deny, wanted Dumbledore to keep pursuing him... Harry enjoyed these mind games with the Headmaster, doubtless that he had lost the first round.

"The only thing you can do, Harrison." Dumbledore looked him in the eye. "Try to keep up." Harry lifted his chin, startled by the man's stark truthfulness. "And I am to offer you an apology.... I still want you on my side Harrison. And there is one thing I will offer to you in exchange for your word that you will stay neutral for this school year. You will do no battles against the light."