Chapter 21: All Your Hands on Me

Harrison rubbed his front teeth with his tongue, glancing at his reflection in a passing mirror. Was that...was that a bloody hair on his face? "Egh," he hissed in disgust, reaching out his palm to rub at the small stubble on his chin. There was more than one hair. Granted, he knew he would grow hair there as he grew older, but did it have to look so... unattractive? So imperfect?

Sneering, he used his magic to shave wandlessly.

After which, it was nothing but smooth skin. "Better," he murmured, satisfied. Brilliant green eyes looked passed himself in the mirror to watch Neville Longbottom roam the hall in a sort of dream-like manner. Giving himself a last minute cheek to see if everything was in place and proper, Harry tugged his sleeves and brushed off the imaginary lint off his robes, following behind the boy-who-lived. He stalked behind the boy, taking pleasure in the heavy weight of sorrow and grief.

Tragedy had finally struck the boy wonder. And it was brilliant to know that he had caused it.

"Hello Neville," he softened his voice and his expression as the boy-who-lived turned around.

"Oh, hey Harry," Neville whispered, the dark circles under his eyes pronounced with the shadows. "I haven't seen you for awhile."

The little boy was trying to be strong. Harry could see the tears right behind his eyes. "Well," Harry shrugged, offering Neville a fake sad smile. "I heard about Ron. Well, we all have. I thought you might like some... space." He threw in the feeling of sympathy, feeling Neville become drawn to him. The boy needed someone. He was pushing everyone away with his best mate's death, but Harry would make him depend on him.

It was all part of the plan.

"I..." With his Seer influence, Neville seemed to shift closer to him. "I really am sorry about how we treated you before, Harry." His head bowed. "Ron would have been sorry as well." The boy's voice cracked and Harry tisked gently.

His hands reached out and landed on Longbottom's shoulder. For a moment, he paused, never being this physical close to the boy before. He felt it. He felt Riddle's soul within Longbottom. It sparked and purred at Harry's touch, warming his hand. Neville looked through his lashes at Harry, giving him a hesitant smile. The stupid, foolish boy probably wasn't affected. Or was he? Harry considered Longbottom's emotions. His sorrow was on the forefront of his mind, but there was something else. Attraction and desperation to be accepted.

So Neville was influenced by his proximity because of the Horcrux.

Oh. Things just got even easier.

"I could never hold a grudge against you at a time like this, Neville." Neville, so easily brainwashed and manipulated, gave Harry a true smile.

"Thanks Harry, that's one burden I can take off my shoulders." Considering you have so many... fool. Longbottom reached out his own hand and laid it over Harry's positioned on his shoulder. The Seer repressed his own feelings of repulsion and instead transferred warm feelings to the boy.

Neville towered over him. Harry was aware of that now, with how close they were. Even if the boy was only average height, and probably couldn't hold a flame to the Dark Lord's towering frame, he was still considered tall next to Harry. It ruffled Harry the wrong way. He should be the imposing figure. "If you ever need anything, anything at all, don't be afraid to come to me, Neville. I know we haven't been very close in the past, but I believe we can always start over."

Riddle's soul licked at him, sending a painful shock down his wrist.

Harry smiled and pulled his hand away, trying to look as subtle as possible. "I'll keep that in mind, Harry. Thank you." And Harry knew he would.