Chapter 82: Reversed

Mavis' pov

It isn't that I like being in the spotlight when I am the leader. I like the power I feel when people bow and do what I want them to. But, I know my priorities and I know that this organization is already meant to go down, so I can't seem to enjoy the way people scurry away when I am to pass by. How their head lowers and they bow down, greeting me with my alias.

I do not glance at them, only continue walking down the halls. After each turn or staircase that I go down the people lessen till there is no soul in the hallways.

I stop in front of a door, glance at the spider that is on its cobweb, then back to the doorknob.

The room goes silent the moment I open the door, but when I step in I hear a sigh and Em starts talking again.

"We just spent 15 minutes waiting for you. Do you know what I could've done in that time?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Finished braiding one box braid?" Em is one of the handful people that lives two lives. She isn't that old like the others, only 3 years older than me. When she is not on a mission or at the basement, she is at home, either studying for her exams or doing someone's hair for some pocket money. She mostly does it just because she enjoys it.

Closing the door behind me, I looked around the shabby room with only a table in the corner. Nothing else. Everything was dusted and in every corner was a spider. Only one seemed to be alive.

"Did you seriously bring a black widow with you?" I raised a brow and looked back at Em.

"After Naville died she crawled to me and now she is my new one." Em smiled slyly, going to the black widow and opening her palm in front of the spider. The spider didn't hesitate and crawled onto her palm.

"We have more important topics to discuss than Emessa getting herself a new follower." One dark twin came through the wall behind me. The shadows twirling around him like they were his tentacles.

"Where is the other one of you?" Ahma inspected her long nails, disinterested.

"He went back to give Endo our report, but looks like Endo has another one of his creative moments, because he is sharing new Haikus that he came up with." The twin grinned at that, loving the fact that his other twin is in misery. He will probably whine about it when he comes back because Endo is bad in poetry. But he thinks every poetry he ever made is another masterpiece that should be all over the world.

He only says his poetries out loud when Amren is there, though. He says it's to win over her heart, even though she gets annoyed by them.

I sighed before taking out the card I was given half an hour ago. We mostly communicate with cards or symbols when we need to. Ace of Spades means emergency.

"Well then, should we start?"

~

Even though I don't want to, I am making my way to Hawks now. He should be upstairs with the others, but he said that two hours ago. The meeting with the others took too long and it was honestly frustrating. One problem after another comes up and now I have to deal with all that bullshit.

When I opened one of the wooden doors, Twice and Toga greeted me. As always, Toga comes running with her arms spread widely for an embrace.