Chapter 47: Interrogation

Mavis' pov

"I really hoped you would get to be a hero, but my hopes were for nothing. Looks like you are a villain?" He shoved his hands in his pockets, while looking at me who was restrained on the table, with these handcuffs that cancel my quirks. It was the afternoon and I spent the day in a cell alone.

I leaned back and met his eyes, would have crossed my arms over my chest if there weren't these handcuffs. "In your story, I might be a villain. But in mine, I was a girl who had limited options and tried to protect the girl on her own way." He furrowed his brows. I don't like it to show anyone that I was a scared and vulnerable girl in the inside, but nobody is powerful enough to not have these feelings.

"You could have just asked us for help." I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing is easy in this world, Aizawa. Aren't you a grown ass man? Don't you know how life works?"

"You knew what he did to Eri from the start didn't you? We needed your knowledge back then."

I clicked my tongue. "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." He sighed of frustration and took the seat across from me. Looking at me intensely.

"What did he do to you, Mavis?" I raised a brow. "Before the infiltration, Sir Nighteye saw in the future from a member of the gang.

"He saw how the man entered Eri's room, and you getting hurt from Chisaki." His eyes reflected guilt and pity. Pity. One of the things I hate the most when it's given to me. He can shove his pity in his ass.

They are the ones that restrained me here on the table in the police station. I don't even know how Akito is doing. If he is fine enough to live his life? Even if our lives are miserable, no one wants to die, not in such a young age and without letting a mark behind you in this world.

"I need you to cooperate so we can get you out of here."

"How is Eri?" He sighed again and leaned back. "She has a fever, they took her in quarantine in the hospital."

"Can I visit her?"

"You can visit her how often you want, if you cooperate." I chewed on my bottom lip as I thought for a good minute.

"What do you guys want to know?"

"Everything what you know."

"Knowledge has it's price, Aizawa. I will only talk about Eri's situation, for my freedom." He hesitantly nodded. So I started to explain in short.

"Eri's parents died a couple of years ago, got selled from a yakuza to the Shie Hassaikai. Turns out her grandpa learned about his daughter's death and searched for his grandchild. Eri's mom wanted to abandon her when Eri killed her father with her quirk, accidentally. But got killed in the same night from the Mafia that had Eri first.-"

"Where do you know that?" Aizawa cut me off and I raised my hand. "Don't cut me off." He nodded so I continued.

"The former leader from the Hassaikai asked Kai to do researches about Eri's quirk, and he did. Kai found out how special Eri's quirk is, and started experimenting on her. That's how he got that idea of these bullets. When he told the leader about his plans, he told him to stop with this. He didn't wanted to let him experiment on his granddaughter further. That's why Kai brought him into a coma."

I stopped and sighed loudly. Turning in my chair enough to place my feet on the table. "Kai contacted me after the villain attack in the summer camp. He wanted me as his ally, and I only accepted it with my terms of course."

"What were your terms?"

"Not getting treaded like a dog of his. Having full responsibility for Eri and... I got money from him." He opened his mouth to say something but I raised my hand again. "In terms, he didn't only want to be my ally, but also my loyalty. Coming running to him if he needed me, no matter when. I told him that he couldn't get my loyalty with money, so he tried to earn it. I mean he told me he would, but didn't even get close to earning my sympathy.

"This shit with the future? That was when he beated me because I couldn't shut my mouth. I could have stopped him if I wanted to, but I didn't."

"Why?" Aizawa listened intently on what I said. I can picture how the people that listen to our conversation- on the other side of the mirror that I can't see through- are listening intently, too. If I could just know who was there...

I smiled "That's another story to tell if you gained my trust again." It would be hard to get trusted from me again. But I let him get a chance, even if it is a little one. I liked his company, it was nice.

"You know, me being Reaper and having a quirk that is overpowered, doesn't mean I don't have fears. Doesn't mean that I am invincible. Doesn't mean I could protect everyone that he had on his list if I danced out of his plan." My voice was tiny at the end, and I hated it. I hate it that my facade is breaking, showing how weak I actually am.

Aizawa was silent while I gazed into nothing in particular. He understood what I meant and didn't press harder.

"Midoriya said there was a guy that got hurt? He appeared suddenly and protected you. Where is he?" Akito

"I don't know myself."

"Who is he?"

"Not who you think he is." He is a part of a better yakuza. He would have never been a member of this disgusting group.

"We did a phantom portrait. Maybe someone else can tell us more about him..." I know what he is trying to do, and I won't fall for it.

"Well, just know that he has nothing to do with this shit. That's why no one will know anything about him." I smiled sweetly.

He stood up and looked down at me, but I didn't look back.

"I just want you to know that you are not alone, Mavis. We will always be there for you." I scoffed.

"Yeah, like the time where Deku went to the heroes behind my back? No thank you. I've always been alone, and this showed me that you guys can't change it either." Our gaze met when I looked up. "I don't need anyone."

"Yet, you still try to protect us."
Of the cost for another friend...

1140 words