Chapter 76: Pathetic

Mavis pov

Even sleep wouldn't help this type of tiredness.

I'm sitting in class on my respective seat, while the others talk, laugh, punch each other out of fun lightly. I just sit there.

Trying to keep my back straight, chin high, and mouth closed. I try to not focus on something too long. Not to think too deep. No to say something too hurtful.

Because that would be the only thing I would have done if I was hurt. To hurt others. To make myself feel better, see that I'm not the one that goes through the most shit. Because then, I wouldn't start talking about my shit.

"Bakugo, let's visit your parents together! I've only been once to your place." Denki said as I stopped doodling over my math homework. I can't see where blank space is, so I just draw in the middle of it. Better than just sitting there and listening to them talking.

"Huh? Why should I bring you to my house? Stop overusing your quirk so much, it gets to your brain. Or don't talk in general. Take Mavis as your role model." I sensed Bakugo pointing with his thumb towards me. I have my water quirk under control again. Can't say the same thing about the other quirk.

"While we are at it already, Mavis, are you okay? You have been ruining your math homework for the past 5 minutes." Mina walks towards me, taking Momo's empty chair and sitting down besides me.

'No, I'm not okay. I got shot yesterday and on top of that found out that my whole life was a setup.'

Bakugo and the others walked towards us, spreading around me, so I would be in their focus. Bakugo leaned on the edge of my table. Sero standing to the left of me and Denki being seated on Momo's desk. It's early in the morning, only a couple of our classmates are at their seats. So they don't bother anyone with how they took up the space in the back. We are all waiting for Aizawa to come, anyways. He is late.

"And you haven't even let me copy your homework yet. Man, what a waste!" Denki snatched my homework from under my resting palm. "Thank goodness, I can still read some of it!"

"Come to think of it, you haven't told us why you cover your eyes." Sero points out, and I try to keep my breathing even. This feels like I'm being bullied like I used to get, because of my quirks. Too many questions, and I'm being surrounded. I can't see any of their faces, only sense their bodies and movements.

Reaching out, I took my iced coffee into my hand and slowly brought it to my mouth. Taking a sip of the overly sweet macchiato. Disgusting. It took everything in me to not make a grimace.

Taking two more long sips, I placed the plastic cup back down on my table and leaned back in my chair. "You never asked."

"Just spit it out."

I turned my head slowly up to Bakugo's direction. "Just so I won't need to see your ugly face, chihuahua."

"Uhhhh... that burns Bakugo," Denki commented, but got ignored by the boy. "What did you just say?"

"What? Are you deaf now? Do I need to speak louder for you to understand? Or are you just dumb?" I stood up from my seat so Bakugo and I would be in eye-level. Even though I can't see, I want to get in his face.