Chapter 17: I'm So Stupid

Mavis' pov

"Everyone has their costumes right? Remember, you don't have permission to wear them in public yet, and don't lose them or anything." Aizawa made sure that we remembered everything. Beginning with how to great everyone, to not lose anything. It's our first day of our internships and we were all standing at the train station.

"GOTTCHA" Mina exclaimed, excited for her internship and holding up her suitcase for the whole station to see.

"Speak properly. It's 'yes sir' Ashido." Aizawa told her in a scolding manner and I kind of felt appalled. I don't know what caused this feeling, but I do want to get out of here.

Mina's shoulders sank, her mood taking a 180. She clutched her bag and mumbled a 'yes sir'.

"Make sure you mind your manners with the other pro Heroes during your internships. Now get to it." He dismissed us. My classmates said 'yes sir' in unison while I was standing besides Todoroki, watching the people around us.

I wasn't really excited at all. My internship is with Endeavor. I really didn't want to pick him, but he came in touch with me. Not personal, but he send me a letter. It said that he really wanted to train Todoroki with me.

I debated on going or not, but picked him at the end. It's not like I go there because of Endeavor. I only chose him because I didn't wanted Todoroki living in his misery alone.

The class divided themselves to their respective train stations while I just stood there and waited for Todoroki. "Come on Todoroki, we should get going." I nudged the boy besides me but he wasn't moving, just standing there and looking to nowhere in particular, drowned in his thoughts. He had a solemn look on his face before I ripped him out of his thoughts.

"Dude are you ok? We need to get going, our train will be here soon." I let my right hand rest on his left shoulder, peeking my head to the side while trying to catch his gaze.

"What do you mean with 'we'? Are you interning with my old man, too?" He narrowed his eyes, confused because I never told him anything about it.

I let go of his shoulder and held my suitcase with both my hands. "Of course I am. I can't just let you be alone there. I got an offer, too, from your dad. Even a letter..." I trailed off, pausing and rethinking my decision.

'Maybe it was a mistake to pick his agency. I don't think Todoroki would get a rest of training if  I was with him.' I shook my head mentally, trying to look forward while reminding myself that I can't change anything. I am getting careless as time passes by.

Todoroki looked emotionless before he started to walk away. After a couple of steps, he looked over his shoulder to me to notice that I haven't moved an inch. "Are you coming? We will miss the train." He spoke up, starting to walk again. I ran to his side with my suitcase in my right hand. I had a feeling that he would leave me behind. Because maybe he did not want me to be there. After all, he never told me that he is comfortable with me being by his side.

"Hey, wait up!"

~

"I have been waiting for you two. You've been finally ready to walk down the path, Shoto." Todoroki and I stood in front of Endeavor, who was sitting at his desk.