Chaper 51: Practice

Mavis' pov

The streets were full and I felt like a sardine in a box. We all tried to not get lost from each other, Mina and I holding hands, while the boys just tried to get as near as possible to each other. "Why are we here again?" Bakugo looked annoyed at all the people that were trying to pass by, a sneer permanently on his face.

"Because I need a violin and Mina a new camera." The crowd was loud with their chatter, so loud that I needed to raise my voice a bit so the boys behind me could hear. Mina was leading us, pulling me with her through all the people, Bakugo behind me with Kirishima and Sero. Denki wanted to come with us, but decided to stay in the dormitories because of Jirou and Tokoyami. They wanted to practice a new cord for the festival.

"And why the hell did you guys pull me with you?" I turned my head and grinned. "Because we love your company, my dear." He rolled his eyes and looked elsewhere.

After we got Mina her new camera, we went to a violin shop. It was outside the city, only few people are playing the violin in this generation, so it was kinda hard to even find a shop that has ones.

As I was inspecting each violin, the others just strode with me, or looked around the shop, as if they were searching something. The salesman was both excited and confused as to why young people were visiting his shop. But he only asked if we needed help, appreciating that he even gets costumers in this time.

I only shook my head with a polite smile and looked further. If I'm gonna buy a new one, then a good one.

I picked one up what caught my eye and weighed it on my hand. "Ahh, a good choice. The DZ strad model 509." The salesman came out from behind his desk. Taking steps towards me, who placed the violin back down and ran a finger over its wood.

"Is it from Italy or Alpine?" Before the salesman could answer my question, Bakugo barged in. "What the fuck is the difference between both?" I shrugged. "I just wanted to know where it came from. Chill your guts, Bakubro."

"It's from Italy, and the bow that is coming with it from Brazil." I nodded "Do you have an Indian violin, too?" He said 'yes' and showed me one. I gave him one of my polite smiles again. "Then I will have that one, please."

He nodded with excitement, rushing to the back of the store to get my violin. I walked to the checkout and pulled out my purse. Paying for my new instrument. When the salesman said the price, the idiots that came with me gave out comments.

"What the fuck?" "Holy crap" my brows furrowed and I turned towards my friends. "What?"

"Why the hell is it so expensive?" The salesman gave me my bag, and I thanked him. He sweat-dropped at my friends and we all went out of the store. "Well, it comes with a case, rosin, bow and a shoulder rest. Its tone is powerful. And produces a malleable, sophisticated sound."

"Yeah, I didn't understand anything you just said..." Mina muttered and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you guys need something for your presentation?" Sero asked Kirishima and Bakugo, and the redhead looked up from his phone. "Oh yeah. Bakugo, we need to get a video where you show the city and say your part of the presentation." Bakugo furrowed his eyebrows.

"When the fuck did I say I would do that?"

"When you called me brainless." I snorted. Kirishima said it with such innocence that even Bakugo stopped bickering, looking at his friend disappointed.

~

The others from the band were practicing, while I was still adjusting my new violin for my liking. "Oi! When the hell are you finished?" I looked up from my violin towards Bakugo, who was sitting behind the drums. They were finished with their second round. Glancing down to my sheet of paper, I pressed my lips in a thin line.

I don't really need notes. Hearing the music with my ear is enough for me to make my own part. "Actually I wanted to practice some bit to get into playing again. Little bit rusted because I didn't play in a long time." Chihuahua sneered at me, but before he could say something Jirou assured me that I can take my time.

Just as I stood up and wanted to play any song, I heard Eri calling me. "Big sis!" She rushed towards me from behind blondie, and I smiled down at her. "She wanted to see you. When we first came, they told us you were in the city, so we went to the other classes." Mirio scratched the back of his head, while Eri looked with questioningly eyes at my violin.

"What's that?" She asked and I looked down to the instrument in my hand.

"That's a violin. I'm playing at our concert with it. You wanna hear?" She nodded and watched me standing up from my crouched position and adjusting the violin between my shoulder and neck.

I placed the bow slowly on the strings of it and took a deep breath, before starting to play 'I hope' from Gabby Barrett.

When I was finished with playing, I looked down to Eri. "How was it?" Bakugo cut in before Eri could say something. "Rusty my ass! You play it just fine. Now get your ass here and play with us." I grinned towards him. "Just get on your knees and tell me that I'm a goddess with it. No need to flatter me that much."

"Where the fu-"

"Mavis you were amazing!" Mirio commented from the side and I spared him a glance, just to not be so rude. "Thanks, blondie."

"Yeah Mavis, you totally rocked it!" Jirou exclaimed and I couldn't stop myself but smile.

"Ahhh stop, you're making me blush."

1016 words